So Whats on Your Gun Wish List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A hunting rifle, any recommendations? Also, not something that's going to break the bank to shoot.

You didn't specify type? bolt, semi-auto, lever, etc. woods, plains, mountain, ........... long range and/or short range

Savage bolt is very reasonable priced and as accurate as most can shoot. Would also consider Mossberg, Remington, Ruger, ......

caliber? what are you planning on hunting? a .243 on up will suffice for whitetails, even elk.

don't forget optics, can cost as much and more as the rifle.

There are as many answers as there are choices. Find the rifle that fits your budget, is comfortable (ie. fits)

Everyone here has a first rifle, a favorite rifle, and are looking for their next rifle; but few have only 1 rifle.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want an alloy framed, railed, 4.25" "Commander" length 1911 in 9mm with tool steel internals, ramped barrel, night sights and an integral magwell with a bobtail. Something like this with a rail.

i1095.photobucket.com_albums_i477_TA1102_left1.jpg

i1095.photobucket.com_albums_i477_TA1102_Well1.jpg

Nice!!

What specifically is that one? Got out of 1911s when I switched to all 9mm but that would fit the bill nicely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom