Social Security Offices Still Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to have to get a real ID at some point and I washed my SS card many years ago, so I decided to replace it. Apparently OK is one of four states not able to do it online and all SS offices are closed to in person help since March of 2020. Ok, do it by mail only the SS website is almost totally geared towards getting you to do it online. Finally found the form and where to mail it to (local office). May have to write my congress critter on this one, they should be open for business by now.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife lost mine and i got a new one by the online process, the hard part for me was doing the scanning of the info they wanted but wife done it with no problems. and i think it onlt took a couple of weeks to get the new one then wife found my old one, lol isnt that how it normally works.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they want your driver's license, make sure you have it backed up on your phone.

The girl that helps me had to mail in her valid DL to get a SS card for her daughter. She got the daughter's card back in a few days, but not her own DL.

She called about a month later, and they said if she hadn't received it by then, it had probably been shredded. She had to go to the DMV and get another one (fortunately, she had a copy on her phone).
:shocked:
___

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to have to get a real ID at some point and I washed my SS card many years ago, so I decided to replace it. Apparently OK is one of four states not able to do it online and all SS offices are closed to in person help since March of 2020. Ok, do it by mail only the SS website is almost totally geared towards getting you to do it online. Finally found the form and where to mail it to (local office). May have to write my congress critter on this one, they should be open for business by now.

If they're not back open by now chances are decent they won't be. Handling everything online may just be working out great for them. I swear that office was always like a third world country with chickens roaming about and tumble weeds blowing through....

I didn't need my social security card for my real ID but that's probably because I had a passport.

Good luck with it! My wife made it all happen for us and it was pretty flawless!

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom