Social Security Offices Still Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife just went through hell trying to complete her name change. I can recall 4 applications that she had to submit, each kicked back for a different reason. Each time she would call, confirm what they needed or didnt need, put together a new packet of docs and mailed it back in only to get it kicked back again. Finally she got an appointment in Shawnee to sit down with someone after they got her last name correct but claimed they couldnt move her maiden name to her middle name. It took less than 30min in person and the lady she met with had it all sorted out and said some of the people going through the mail applications arent very familiar with the requirements and just have a check list.

In the end, she got it all sorted out and the lady she met in person was incredibly helpful and sounded pleasant to deal with. Whoever was reviewing the mailed in applications is a nimrod.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We REALLY need a set down, but I am hesitant because they aren't there to actually help people, just shuffle papers.

I am going to full retirement, 1 year to go.
With Wif health problems, we went to see about her drawing early. Question is:
draw on hers, until I can draw, then, can she switch to draw on mine?
Or, just wait to draw on mine. Which will be reduced, because she will not be full retirement age for 2 1/2 years.
Or, wait to full retirement age to draw on mine? Would it be at reduced, because of drawing on hers?
Or, just draw on mine now?

Looking to maximize, but online is 0 help.

What say ye olde goats?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We REALLY need a set down, but I am hesitant because they aren't there to actually help people, just shuffle papers.

I am going to full retirement, 1 year to go.
With Wif health problems, we went to see about her drawing early. Question is:
draw on hers, until I can draw, then, can she switch to draw on mine?
Or, just wait to draw on mine. Which will be reduced, because she will not be full retirement age for 2 1/2 years.
Or, wait to full retirement age to draw on mine? Would it be at reduced, because of drawing on hers?
Or, just draw on mine now?

Looking to maximize, but online is 0 help.

What say ye olde goats?
For the most part, we had good luck talking with LOCAL PHONE NUMBER SS employees on the phone.

I used a generic 800 number once, and had a near twilight-zone experience. The lady had no idea what the SS manual said... :lookaroun
___

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeppers....truth right there. Wife, sister-in-law, and I all got our Real ID DL's a while back and only had to know the number.
Maybe that's in OK, not in Missouri for when my son lost his state ID. Or maybe just because he didn't actually have the physical ID. They needed his physical SSA card, no exceptions. In this day in age, when everything is on a computer somewhere, it seems ridiculous you should have to have some paper card (that is easily faked) to get a duplicate ID you already had.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only had to know my SSN. Wife only had copy of her Georgia birth cert. She had to order one online. We took it back 2 months later and after waiting for 3 hrs had to have all the other cr@p to go with it . Total of 3 trips and about 6 hrs....Good news it it is 8 yr license.

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rickm, are you that close to leaving this wicked messed up world? You wouldn't dare...would you? We need you here and if you left things just wouldn't be the same.
No and if i stick with the time line as my parents and grandparents i still have around 30 to 35 more years but im not planning on getting on no stupid plane if i cant get there by car dont need to go and the only reason you need a real ID is for travel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom