Sonic Cheesy Bacon Pretzel Dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The secret to getting good food and service at Sonic is to find the stores owned by Sonic. The one in Bricktown, IIRC, is one (their HQ is not far from there), and the one at Alameda and 24th Ave SE in Norman is another. The franchises are, well, hit and miss, highly dependent on how well the franchisee sets up his management...

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The secret to getting good food and service at Sonic is to find the stores owned by Sonic. The one in Bricktown, IIRC, is one (their HQ is not far from there), and the one at Alameda and 24th Ave SE in Norman is another. The franchises are, well, hit and miss, highly dependent on how well the franchisee sets up his management...

Interesting you say that about the one at Alameda and 24th, because that is "my" Sonic and is consistently one of the best Sonic's i've been to. The one on Porter right next to the hospital is awful, and the one at Sooner Rd and I-240 is twice as awful.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sonic is pretty disgusting all around. I have friends in the northeastern part of the country who salivate at the thought of Sonic, and think it's the greatest thing ever.

"Just wait until you live in a town with one on every street corner, next to the church and bank."

Boof.

The only fast food I can stand these days is Braum's and Whataburger.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting you say that about the one at Alameda and 24th, because that is "my" Sonic and is consistently one of the best Sonic's i've been to. The one on Porter right next to the hospital is awful, and the one at Sooner Rd and I-240 is twice as awful.
My experiences with the one on Alameda have always been good. I'm told (by someone in a position to know) that it's because they're a corporate store, so they do everything by the book.

The one on Porter was pretty good when it opened, but I haven't been there in a long time. The one on Lindsey, between 12th and 24th, I never bother with that one--that's the one that wouldn't serve me when I was in a red vehicle, and they excelled at screwing up my order when they did...

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The one on Porter was pretty good when it opened, but I haven't been there in a long time. The one on Lindsey, between 12th and 24th, I never bother with that one--that's the one that wouldn't serve me when I was in a red vehicle, and they excelled at screwing up my order when they did...

I stopped in at the one on Porter during Happy Hour one day and ordered a burger combo. They charged me more than it should have been (it was Happy Hour, so the drinks should have been half off, plus they charged me for something like a bacon cheeseburger combo, when all I had was the regular burger combo).

I didn't catch it until I ran the card and thought the amount seemed high. When I brought it up with the car hop, she went back and talked to the manager and I was basically told there was nothing they could do and I needed to call back when the higher level manager was there. I complained through the Sonic website and later got a call from some Middle eastern lower level manager (not even the head manager), and was told to stop by and "we'd see what we can do about it", but was never offered an apology, voucher for a free meal or full refund for the original meal (it was barely worth my time to stop by just for the refund of the difference at that point).

Won't go back to that one again.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ordered one the other day. Did anyone elses come with grilled onions instead of bacon? Mine sure did and it sucked. Only decent one they got is the Chicago dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom