Springfield XD(M) 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled one of these guns the other day and liked it but had to ask what niche does it fill? They have a sub-compact already and they have a 4" model. Is this gun really only 0.2" shorter than their 4" model with no other difference?

We all know the barrel length is not what makes a gun conceal better, its usually the grip size/shape.

I don't really want to start an XD vs Glock vs MP argument because everyone has their opinion but was this gun really necessary?

BC

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
match grade barrel, adjustable grip, and 19 rounds in a compact that's the diffrence

Agreed. I see them more as replacing the "Service" 4" models rather than carving our a new niche.

Now, if they make a 3" barrel sub-compact "m" with a shorter grip that hold "only" 15+1 :naughty: then Springfield can completely phase out the non-M 9mm and .40 models for all I care.

OK Ronin

New to the site!
Reaction score
I handled one of these guns the other day and liked it but had to ask what niche does it fill? They have a sub-compact already and they have a 4" model. Is this gun really only 0.2" shorter than their 4" model with no other difference?

We all know the barrel length is not what makes a gun conceal better, its usually the grip size/shape.

I don't really want to start an XD vs Glock vs MP argument because everyone has their opinion but was this gun really necessary?

BC

I believe that the XD 9MM comes in 5 inch(service), 4 inch(compact), and 3inch (sub-compact) barrel sizes

The XDM 9MM comes in 4.5 inch and 3.8 inch sizes, so the difference in this line is .7", rather than .2. I have only fired the 4.5 inch, which I like a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom