Springfield xds 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My normal carry has been a SA XD 9mm sub for years and then a KelTec PF-9 (TY Patrick) for my BUG or pocket carry when in shorts, etc, so when I got my XDs 9 I expected it to be in the middle there somewhere, and I was right. Nice fit, shoots well with no problems yet. For me the price wasnt a deciding factor though because Ive been loyal to S.A. after carrying the XD for as long as I have which has been super reliable and I really enjoying shooting it. Plus I just really wanted it to add to my SA collection which also includes an XDM 9mm that has been competing for time at the range with a 3rd Gen G19 and a very well worn 2nd Gen G17 modded for comps by an OSA member.

jumpman250r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the xds 9mm & xds 45. I havent shot the 9mm yet, but it sure feels better in my hand the the Sheild 9mm did. I couldn't get a goood feel for the sheild and sold it shortly after buying it. It's all about preference.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the xds 9mm & xds 45. I havent shot the 9mm yet, but it sure feels better in my hand the the Sheild 9mm did. I couldn't get a goood feel for the sheild and sold it shortly after buying it. It's all about preference.

I like the shield in 9 and the xds in 45. When I can get the xds45 for $450, I'll be all over it. Now if glock would just produce a single stack 40 that'd hold 7 or 8 for 5 bills, I'd have to have it. I'm by no means a brand loyalist.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If $100 or $50 makes or breaks you then sure, go for the shield, they are great little guns. I will say that if you CAN afford it, and $50-100 is what is holds you back, out side of ergos etc.... then that's retarded IMO. How much is your life worth? The XDss are more refined to me but that's not why I bought them, as I agree with coach.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered my XDS this weekend! I got it for $545 shipped which I thought was a great deal from what I am seeing. I sold my Shield 9mm the same week I bought it. I just didn't like the way it felt in my hands or the action.

I can't wait for this weekend :gun2:

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered my XDS this weekend! I got it for $545 shipped which I thought was a great deal from what I am seeing. I sold my Shield 9mm the same week I bought it. I just didn't like the way it felt in my hands or the action.

I can't wait for this weekend :gun2:

The shield trigger is a loose as you know what....good buy on your XDS. Hope you enjoy!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was considering the XD9S and the Shield, but just this week I sprung for a Kahr CM9 instead. It is smaller, and I want the option of being able to pocket carry in all my pants. I found it for $330, so I couldn't hardly pass it up. I actually found mags in stock on Midway too.