• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Square Deal "B "

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That Lee turret press is pretty decent if you're just loading a couple hundred at a time.
You have to put up little cardboard walls though cause it'll chunk out spent primers all over the place. It has its quirks, like most presses.

A progressive is a much better press if you're going for high volume.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I love my sdb's! I've got a 550c and a lee single stage too. I've bought several sdb's on eBay. If you'd like, pm me and I'll exchange numbers with ya and we can visit about things to look for on a used sdb. Or hell, if you're close you can come check mine out in person but I don't have one for sale right now. I do have a buddy with a few and he might part with one. I think he's gonna sell his lee 4 hole first though.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That Lee turret press is pretty decent if you're just loading a couple hundred at a time.
You have to put up little cardboard walls though cause it'll chunk out spent primers all over the place. It has its quirks, like most presses.

A progressive is a much better press if you're going for high volume.
Agreed. I'm going to get one pretty soon. I think, from what I've seen of them, that they'd be easy to use.

Here's a youtube video of one in action loading 9 mm.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I definitely prefer the SDB over the lee turret but the SDB can only do pistol caliber so that is the one plus I see for the lee turret. Really not a fair comparison between the two since the SDB is a progressive. Lee turret takes 4 handle pulls and a flip of the primer box to make a live round where the SDB kicks out a live round with each handle pull. Just do not buy a lee Loadmaster!! Way too many quirks! I used one for a few years. It works but it's not enjoyable and definitely not consistent. I'm not saying they won't produce shootable ammo but I am saying they aren't as reliable as other progressives I've been around.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I started on a Lee 4 hole turret press, it got the job done, but a sdb is much more efficient. You won’t regret a sdb, will only wish you had gotten one sooner.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As stated the Dillon square deal has proprietary dies and changing calibers could be expensive as the dies only come from Dillon.
After using an old 450 for a few years I started looking for a SD but none of my dies fit and it looked like it was limiting expansion in the future. I kept looking and settled on a used 550b and now load 9mm, 45, 38, .357 and a few rifle calibers.

Once you get the 550 setup it is pretty easy to load 200-300 rounds an hour. I don't usually shoot them that fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom