1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Star Model BS

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by neokshooter, May 20, 2016.

1. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Ain't that the truth. This is my second Star pistol. Years ago I owned a model 30M in 9mm. I really like this vintage model
    especially because of the immaculate condition it is in. The seller said he'd never shot it nor had the owner before that.
    I'm just wondering if it has been shot. At any rate it's in flawless condition.

2. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    The big challenge now is to find magazines for it (I only have one). If anyone knows of any good sources for this
    I would appreciate it.

3. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I had a Star BM back in the day, a good pistol...

4. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    My local gun store received this gun on Thursday but when I went to pick it up he could not do the background
    check because the system was down. He attempted several times without success. Finally I told him I would just
    come back the next day. However the next day he was still not able to do the check. This is the first time I've ever
    had this happen. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off about it. I got to look at my new pistol and it's all paid for but I can't take
    possession of it. Has anyone else experienced any problems like this in the last few days?

5. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I was able to find three magazines on ebay for 33.00 bucks a piece and free shipping.

6. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Thank you. No I've never had any trouble with a background check. As for the dealer I know him well but this is the first time
    ever having him do a background check. It is not the check that's the problem though it's getting through to the system. I was
    there when he tried to run it and he even had it on speaker phone and I heard the recording come over the phone several times
    stating that the system would be back up shortly or something to that effect. It just seemed to me if he was having a problem that
    so would everyone else. It's very frustrating though.

7. RKM

RKM Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A great website forum for Stars, Astras and LLamas. Lots of good people there. Some have access to parts that are hard to find. Ebay is a great source for Star parts. I recently picked up almost all the parts for my Star FR 22 on Ebay for under $40.00 dollars. I try to acquire all the spare parts I can get for my Stars.

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?40-The-Spanish-Pistol-Board

8. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Hey thanks for the link. I have registered for this site and am hopeful that it will supply me with some good information.

9. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Another picture with new grips. 1.JPG

MacFromOK and Toney like this.
  10. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%