1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Steak-umm's Twitter Account Feuds With Neil deGrasse Tyson Over Science: 'Log Off Bro'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mos Eisley, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Mos Eisley

Mos Eisley Sharpshooter

I had to LOL when I saw this happening to this pompous ass.

BTW, Steak-umms got us through some pretty tough times stationed in Turkey back in the 80's. The commissary would only get frozen meat from Germany, or someplace, that looked like that discovery way back in freezer...that dark brown, freezer-bitten thing you forgot about a year ago.

https://www.newsweek.com/steak-umms...grasse-tyson-over-science-log-off-bro-1583236

Glocktogo and RickN like this.
  2. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Scientists overwhelmingly once agreed that the world was flat and many centuries later, some idiots still believe them. Scientists once thought the most fundamental building block of matter was a particle called the atom. Now we know that the atom is made of many smaller pieces, known as subatomic particles. Every atom contains a central core called the nucleus, made of particles called protons and neutrons. Further, we now know there are even smaller subatomic particles called quarks, leptons, muons, bosons, neutrinos and singularities. Yet I guarantee you that some fools still believe the atom is the smallest particle, when it's really their brains.

It's pretty embarrassing that a sliced meat company had to remind a world renowned scientist about the very premise of science and it's processes. I know I'm sick and tired of hearing developmentally disabled leftists mimic "you must believe the science because it's immutable truth!". Bullcrap.

3. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

And here is said article for those inclined to peruse it.

https://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/commentary/2016-01-23-what-science-is.php

Edit: found the original link provided by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  5. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Glocktogo likes this.
  6. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Catt57 likes this.
  7. Truckdriver

Truckdriver Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Well, I used to enjoy Steak-Umm but no longer

When the makers of the foods or entertainers or any businesses I use engage in political rhetoric, its time to find a non politically engaged source to do business with.

8. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    There are a some Christian Apologists that I read or listen to that like to point out that "science is what it is, but scientists are prone to be biased in their proclamations about scientific things."

Kind of like Tyson. In that article linked at the Huffpo, he makes this statement:

"You don’t have to like gay marriage. Nobody will ever force you to gay-marry. But to create a law preventing fellow citizens from doing so is to force your personal truths on others. Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships."

Is there really anything to a "personal truth?" Isn't it strange that while I might disagree with gay marriage and that a gay might disagree with a heterosexual marriage, that someone would refer to it as a truth? Isn't it just an opinion? Isn't that what some scientists get in early studies of nature or whatever? How many times has something been studied and proclaimed "truth" only to find later that it really wasn't "true?"

Fredkrueger100 likes this.