Steam engine powerd alternators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Springerpanhead

New to the site!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for a complete wood burning 60 cycle generating unit 2 to 3 horsepower. A Mike Brown Builds just the engines, and an outfit in Montana uses his engines to build a complete generating unit. The Montana outfit however is deeply religious, nothing wrong with that, but I guess I offended their sensibilities when they asked me where I was located and I replied " in f___n liberal Comnecticut " Then they told me they just sold the last one and hung up. There's an outfit in India called Tinytech. That builds a unit but it's not verry efficient requiring 40 lbs of water/Hp/Hr that's a lot of water to evaporate. I would rather buy American anyway even if it costs more

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just googled Steam powered home generators and found hundreds of links.

The steam powered generator I work at does around 1200 megawatts.

More than your home needs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what forest are you going to cut, split, dry, and grind for maximum BTU? LOL!

Actually, there is an inititive to see if eastern red cedars can be used for fuel vs coal. The BTU's are so far skewed that its not going to happen.

A coal fired plant in Great Britain tried olive pits from Spain/Portugal once. It was a dismal failure.

S

Latest posts

Top Bottom