Steel Challenge at OKC July 24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKC is trying Steel Challenge format for the weekend of July 24th. Come on down and give us all a whuppin in the heat :boxing3:. We had 23 shooters at the last one in November of 09, so let's beat that showing cause it won't be rainy and cold like it was then. later rdd

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this going to be a monthly match? It would be great to have a steel challenge match in our area.
One is this Saturday and the next one is in Oct IIRC. Chris (The ICORE Match Director) is trying this to get it going but he has a lot on his plate at this time.

Wormydog1724 said:
what is steel challenge?
Steel Challenge is a set of stages similar to classifiers measured out precisely so that it will be same where ever you shoot. There are 8 stages ususally requiring 4 hits and a stop plate. You would shoot each stage 5 times and you would throw out your worst run. Your score is the total time to shoot the stages. There are penalties for hit required and not made. (misses) and a 30 second penalty for not hitting the stop plate. Come on out I know you can whup me. I'll be shooting a Revo. later rdd

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One is this Saturday and the next one is in Oct IIRC. Chris (The ICORE Match Director) is trying this to get it going but he has a lot on his plate at this time.

I am positive this would be a successful match if it were scheduled regularly every month. There are several of us that go to the Tulsa area a couple of times a month for steel challenge.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as it's not scheduled at the same time as another non steel challenge match like it is this time. I would love to be able to cut back on the driving a bit and shoot more matches in OKC.
I am positive this would be a successful match if it were scheduled regularly every month. There are several of us that go to the Tulsa area a couple of times a month for steel challenge.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm in, was gonna drive to Tulsa for the USPSA match but I'll come out for the local stuff first. I'm assuming we can shoot centerfire and rimfire for an extra $5? 10 am start time?

Latest posts

Top Bottom