Steel Challenge/USSA/Sun. 4th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
USSA will be hosting the Steel Challenge this coming Sunday April 4th. Sign in starts at 9 and shooting starts at 10am. Sign in will be in the maintenance building behind the clubhouse. Josh has volunteered to come in on his day off to open up for us since they will be closed for Easter. $15 to shoot,$10 for USSA members and $5 to shoot a second gun.(limit 2 guns per shooter)This month we are adding .22 rimfire carbine/rifle, iron sight or optic. This is .22 rimfire ONLY, no centerfire rifles. We will still be shooting the other 4 recognized classes.
Start position for rifle will be, stock to shoulder,muzzle pointed at flag. When bringing your rifle to the line either have it muzzle up or muzzle down with the chamber locked open or with a flag in the chamber. I think this should be a fun addition.
See you Sunday, Gary

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
USSA will be hosting the Steel Challenge this coming Sunday April 4th. Sign in starts at 9 and shooting starts at 10am. Sign in will be in the maintenance building behind the clubhouse. Josh has volunteered to come in on his day off to open up for us since they will be closed for Easter. $15 to shoot,$10 for USSA members and $5 to shoot a second gun.(limit 2 guns per shooter)This month we are adding .22 rimfire carbine/rifle, iron sight or optic. This is .22 rimfire ONLY, no centerfire rifles. We will still be shooting the other 4 recognized classes.
Start position for rifle will be, stock to shoulder,muzzle pointed at flag. When bringing your rifle to the line either have it muzzle up or muzzle down with the chamber locked open or with a flag in the chamber. I think this should be a fun addition.
See you Sunday, Gary

Two guns for me (unless the wife pulls the power of veto)... Thanx Gary:thumbup3:

gwkoch

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
See you Sunday, Gary

I am debating on bringing my AR with 22lr conversion. This conversion will not let me lock the bolt back. I am not familiar with the flags. Are these available locally?

Thanks

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am debating on bringing my AR with 22lr conversion. This conversion will not let me lock the bolt back. I am not familiar with the flags. Are these available locally?

Thanks

Should be. Just a bright piece of plastic that holds the chamber open and has a part that sticks out so you can see it from the ejector port. Think I have one in my 223 cleaning kit that is clear orange.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there for the first time. A member here has offered to help me along and explain it to me...help to make sure I dont make a complete fool of myself.

Are there different categories? Something along the lines of beginner? I will be wearing good ear protection so I wont hear people laughing LOL.

I was reading the rules about being on the line...and drilling them into my head.

How big are the plates?

Hopefully I wont suffer too much stage fright. I have been watching videos and it looks like this could easily turn into a life long addiction.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See you Sunday, Gary

Gary,

Would it be cool for myself and my son to come out and watch the match? We are members if that matters. I ask because you said they would normally be closed for Easter.

Thanks,

Jeff

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The plates are 10" round, 12" round and 18x24 rectangle. You can't miss;-) The stage fright is half the fun, it's like that first drop on the roller coaster!

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will be there for the first time. A member here has offered to help me along and explain it to me...help to make sure I dont make a complete fool of myself.

Are there different categories? Something along the lines of beginner? I will be wearing good ear protection so I wont hear people laughing LOL.

I was reading the rules about being on the line...and drilling them into my head.

How big are the plates?

Hopefully I wont suffer too much stage fright. I have been watching videos and it looks like this could easily turn into a life long addiction.

FGST is here for you.... They have a rimfire, a centerfire and a new rimfire (semi-auto) rifle class. If you shoot rimfire pistol you need a few mags (5 is best) and a gun bag to secure it in. Rifle will be the same I am sure with the addition of a bolt lock flag. Centerfire you need a holster that covers the trigger and again 5 mags is best. Any other questions you will have will be answered when you see it happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom