Steel Challenge/USSA/Sun.6th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Get ready to skin that smoke wagon and come on out to USSA on Sunday Dec. 6th to shoot the Steel Challenge. Sign in starts at 9am and shooting commences at 10. $15 for nonmembers and $10 for USSA members and $5 for a second gun.
For you rimfire shooters I'm going to make it a little more official and put the flag at 12 ft that you must start with your gun pointed toward.
....but wait you know there is more. Let's do a team shootoff for a side match for cash. Here is how we play. One team consists of one centerfire pistol shooter and one shotgunner. Shoot down the eight pepper poppers and whichever team shoots the stop popper first wins the round, best 2 out of 3 on each go round. $5 per shooter and winning team takes all. No reload required before the stop plate. Bird shot only in the shotgun. Grab a partner and make some money!
Results for the steel challenge will be posted before you leave and trophies handed out in the club house.
See you downrange, G

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many stages, how many runs at each stage and how runs are kept for score at each stage? There was some confusion last month about the number of stages, the number of runs at each stage and how many runs were kept for scoring. Just want to know the rules before we start. :thumb:

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This will be the official steel challenge. 6 stages, 5 runs on each stage and keep the 4 best runs. I was out of town last month and am sorry for the confusion.
G

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got home from this match today and man was it cold!!! I experienced my first DQ today as well and I am VERY unhappy with myself. I wasn't sure I wanted to mention this but I would like to apologize to my squad. I was very upset and did not participate much after the "incident". Basically I got caught up in my jacket in the middle of drawing my pistol to shoot a string which ripped the gun out of my hand which ended with the gun on the ground! I thank God that things didn't end up worse. I am embarrassed and pissed off with myself. Looks like I will need to rethink my cold weather attire and train harder.

Matthew77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russ, I was not there. But you are one of the most careful and thoughtful shooters I know. Everyone has an accident. Your humbleness is what is admirable and I am sure your squad forgives you.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rusty it happens and no one got hurt that's all that matters.

We had fun today even though it was so cold. My wife is already talking about next months.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man, we have some die hard shooters in Oklahoma (and 4 that came from Ks.) 33 people came out to shoot in the cold and drizzle. Kevin Toothman and Chris Martin took home $70 for the shotgun/pistol team shoot off. Some good stategy and amazing shooting. Here come the scores....

Latest posts

Top Bottom