Steel Challenge/USSA/Sunday 8/2/09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Come one, come all. USSA in Owasso is hosting the Steel Challenge this Sunday August 2nd. Sign in starts at 9 and shooting commences at 10am. $15 for non members and $5 for the second gun.
If you are a new shooter let us know at the sign in desk and we will get you started in your new shooting addiction.
We are shooting 7 stages this time since we have some people going to the big show in California at the end of this month. Bring at least 175 rounds.
Scores at the end of the match and plaques for 1st in each of the 4 divisions.
See you down range.
Gary

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, it is steel plate only. There will be 7 different courses of fire. Each course consists of 5 steel plates. Centerfire pistols start in surrender position and draw from a holster and shoot the 5 plates. You get 5 runs per course and throw out the worst run per course. Rimfire starts at low ready and you don't need a holster. Most people shoot 9mm or similar but you may shoot a larger caliber. Holster, gun and preferrably 5 magazines and about 200 rounds should get you by. If you don't have that many mags we can have someone loading your spares while you are shooting. Be sure to keep your gun holstered or bagged until you get to the line to shoot.
No seperate division for you wheelgunners since I figure you can keep up with the autos anyway.
G

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a blast too. I'll definitely be back. Can't think of a better exercise for practicing transitions.

How did you guys like my reload on Outer Limits? Too much production division practice I guess.:smash:

Latest posts

Top Bottom