STI Spartan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does the Spartan compare to say a Kimber in terms of fit of frame, quality, function, etc. Are they as good or better. I have heard of STI but know nothing of them.

Thanks, hunter966

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They are made by RIA in the PI. They are sent to STI to do some finishing touches an then sold. They are pretty serviceable single stacks. I am not sure I would compare anything to Kimber since they have become the most unreliable pieces of junk lately. Everyone I know has had to return theirs to the factory at least once. Keep in mind that these are imports and are not made in Texas like the other STI models.

I am picking one up from AI for a carry/Heavy Metal single stack.

Mike

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Mike,

That clears it up alot. I am starting to look for my first full size 1911 and have really wanted a Kimber but from things I have read it's been about 50-50on them.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They (kimber) used to be the cat's meow. There are better options out there. If this is going to be for competition, I might look at the Spartan since everything inside will eventually be change out anyway! At least that way you already have the adjustable rear and fiber front.

M

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked at a 1911 forum, there was a section for about every manufacturer for the 1911's, Kimber was the only sectioin that had a sticky about "Problems with your Kimber 1911". That told me something right there, I'm trying to find someone with some STI's around here, does anyone know where I can get my hands on one without buying first?

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accurate Iron aka olyeller has/had some and he is in Jones. Might shoot him an email.

Yeah, I looked at a 1911 forum, there was a section for about every manufacturer for the 1911's, Kimber was the only sectioin that had a sticky about "Problems with your Kimber 1911". That told me something right there, I'm trying to find someone with some STI's around here, does anyone know where I can get my hands on one without buying first?

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wouldn't buy one from them, But Heartland Outdoors in edmond has quite a few different models.

Latest posts

Top Bottom