Stock Tank Heater Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fighting the same battle. Have you tried floating a water bottle filled 1/3 to 1/2 of the way with anti freeze in the skimmer basket? Also, if you have any gallon jugs fill them with a salt water mix and float them in the pool.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fighting the same battle. Have you tried floating a water bottle filled 1/3 to 1/2 of the way with anti freeze in the skimmer basket? Also, if you have any gallon jugs fill them with a salt water mix and float them in the pool.
How is that supposed to help? :anyone:

Those liquids may not freeze solid, but their temps will still be below freezing.
:drunk2:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is that supposed to help? :anyone:

Those liquids may not freeze solid, but their temps will still be below freezing.
:drunk2:

keeps it from freezing solid and putting a ton of pressure on the pool walls.

I finally just turned my heater on and will hope that Bill never shows up. It’s not advised to run it in sub zero but I can’t keep up with it.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what kroberts2131 said. I had no idea myself but the guys who installed the pool called me last night (Vista Pools) and told me to do that. Also, I am running my pump at about 75%. Unfortunately my filter might have ice in it, because the heater will not come on and the filter pressure is @ 20%.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked part time at an apartment complex when I was in high school and had to take care of the pool. Since then, I cannot for the life of me imagine why anyone wants a pool.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly what kroberts2131 said. I had no idea myself but the guys who installed the pool called me last night (Vista Pools) and told me to do that. Also, I am running my pump at about 75%. Unfortunately my filter might have ice in it, because the heater will not come on and the filter pressure is @ 20%.

wish I knew how to help but you might try running at 100% and seeing what happens. That’s all I can suggest. The heater has made a huge improvement in just a few hours so it’s worth the risk

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wish I knew how to help but you might try running at 100% and seeing what happens. That’s all I can suggest. The heater has made a huge improvement in just a few hours so it’s worth the risk
I basically need to clean it. my fear is taking it apart and everything freezing up, then it would be totally inoperable. So as of right now, Im just running the pump at 75% and keeping the salt mixed bottles floating and the ice broken up.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried my best but was out voted on the pool situation one we moved.

I wouldn't of thought about the bottle idea. Im guessing it gives the ice a place to go when it expands in lieu of cracking the skimmer.

Growing up with a pool we never did squat. Some years we had some stuff to replace/repair but it was never the end of the world. Now that it is on my dime Im a little more aware. Our hot tub and pool use the same pump/filter equipment and are tied together with automated valves. If I heat the hot tub (hot tub + snow = awesome) when Im done I dump that heat into the pool and I gain 2 degrees which is what I seemed to be loosing in a day now that it is super cold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom