Stoops is a class A *********

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, the butt hurt flowing from the gooner nation. You just can't admit that what he said was a sorry move? You take the heat, you don't make excuses, you don't drop it on the players. He took zero responsibility. He is the coach, he has to COACH the players up, make sure they are prepared. Part of your almost 5 million dollar per year paycheck is that you take the heat so your players know you have their backs.

You want to bring up Gundy? Fine, go for it. In his famous "I'm a man" speech, he derided a journalist for slamming one of his players who just had a horrible game and lost his starting position. He told the press "If you want to come after someone, come after me, I am full-grown adult who gets paid to coach, I can take the heat, don't go after a kid who is dealing with some hard stuff".

Which coach do you respect more? The guy that throws you under the bus or the guy that jumps in front of it? There is no defense of Stoops' words, he is a classless a-hole. The players respect Gundy and the media hates him because he takes them on when they disrespect his players.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously a comment out of frustration after a horrible loss makes you a douche. Apparently we've never heard a coach do something out of character in this state out of frustration.

I am not a Stoops apologist. OU is held to a high standard and still considered by some to be an elite football program. That just eats up certain OSU homers who are obesessed with OU. Hammer him all you want about coaching, recruiting and play calling but calling him a ********* over this? Get a life. Be happy your team has a great coach (who was an alternate choice) and is still undefeated. Don't let the inferiority complex ruin your ability to just enjoy your team's success. Some might say doing so would make you are a *********.

imgur.com_KRtBbgB.jpg

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will just say this- Whatever happens on the field happens, win or lose really doesn't matter. How the coaches handle a win/loss matters so much more. As a comparison- Bill Snyder sent a congratulations note to the OSU's kicker Ben Grogan after he kicked the game winning field goal. Stoops tells the media the loss to UT was all the players fault. Again, he is a classless prick not worth the paper his 5-million salary is written on. He can recruit and coach the "top-shelf" players, but he can't coach-up mid-level players to compete with "top-shelf" recruits.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone watch the whole press conference? they questioned EVERYTHING Bob has done for the last 3 OU/Texas games.

Given Texas was in ranked over 100 in 20 or so offensive categories, I'd say there's some merit to certain questions. Some of them were just plain asinine, and I'm pretty sure most of them came from an OSU homer or his largest critic here in Tulsa.

That being said, you don't throw your kids under the bus.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, the butt hurt flowing from the gooner nation. You just can't admit that what he said was a sorry move? You take the heat, you don't make excuses, you don't drop it on the players. He took zero responsibility. He is the coach, he has to COACH the players up, make sure they are prepared. Part of your almost 5 million dollar per year paycheck is that you take the heat so your players know you have their backs.

You want to bring up Gundy? Fine, go for it. In his famous "I'm a man" speech, he derided a journalist for slamming one of his players who just had a horrible game and lost his starting position. He told the press "If you want to come after someone, come after me, I am full-grown adult who gets paid to coach, I can take the heat, don't go after a kid who is dealing with some hard stuff".

Which coach do you respect more? The guy that throws you under the bus or the guy that jumps in front of it? There is no defense of Stoops' words, he is a classless a-hole. The players respect Gundy and the media hates him because he takes them on when they disrespect his players.

Nobody's bringing up Gundy LOL. Lighten up francis. I WILL say that the OSU alum were calling for his head previous to the gimme bedlam win last year. To me, that's just a dumb decision, because OSU will go back to being a stepping stone for coaches if he leaves.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In all fairness, I've seen Stoops defend countless players over the years and state several times.... that he got outcoached..... etc. Anybody that watches the conferences regularly can see this. He just never did it in a memorable fashion like Gundy did.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So another butt hurt anti-Sooner/Stoops shows up. Guess there's nothing else to do today. Wait til Bedlam and quit worrying about other teams coaches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom