Street Outlaws and actual illegal street racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the races are real and that is what I find entertaining. oklahoma racers going up against racers from around the country. i'm sure a lot of people tune in hoping to see a crash as well.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn't even have to tell us which one crashed, we all know GTR's are too good to lose control for no reason lol. I was at Thunder Valley one night when murder nova and some other guys from the show were out there filming. Its all staged. Think about it, lets go out and actually street race, break the law, then put it on national TV? With our names lol

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Street Outlaws is one of the most staged reality shows on the tube today. True street racing has nothing to do with what these OKC clowns try and portray. When they came to Tulsa the police shut the streets down and spectators weren't anywhere near the cars when they ran.

If this show isn't staged, then there need to be some serious "house cleaning" in the local PD stations, because the show makes the local police force look like total idiots.

"Don't mind me officer, we are just cleaning these roads with a street sweeper at 2 am for no good reason"

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Seems pretty clear to me. NHRA's position is that, regardless of how the show is produced, it glorifies, romanticizes, and promotes illegal and dangerous activity...as evidenced by the recent deaths in CA involving someone featured on the show. Not something they would want to be associated with obviously.

Yeah, because personal responsibility shouldn't be your responsibility. What a joke.

Lets go ahead and ban boxing and MMA fighting as well, because done outside a ring it's considered assault and battery. It's nothing more than a staged reality show. If you're too stupid to understand that and choose to participate in it, as well as choose to be a spectator to the stupidity, well, that's what Darwin Awards are for.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, because personal responsibility shouldn't be your responsibility. What a joke.

Lets go ahead and ban boxing and MMA fighting as well, because done outside a ring it's considered assault and battery. It's nothing more than a staged reality show. If you're too stupid to understand that and choose to participate in it, as well as choose to be a spectator to the stupidity, well, that's what Darwin Awards are for.

Not my point at all. I'm all for individual responsibility. I'm talking about understanding NHRA's position and the impact on their image, in today's litigious society, when when of their "members" openly engages in illegal street racing and something bad happens. Which has clearly happened on more than one occasion.

Do boxers and MMA fighters routinely engage in illegal fights outside the auspices of the organizations they are members of? Do they violate numerous laws and injure, maim, or kill people in the process? If they do, I bet they aren't members of that club for very long.

Wanna be a super cool illegal street racer? Want to pretend you are one on a stupid fake reality T.V. show? Knock yourself out. NHRA just made it clear that choice isn't consistent with NHRA membership…which puts it back in the individual responsibility realm. Make your choices and live with 'em instead of bitching about NHRA kicking you out of their club. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can personally attest to the authenticity of their racing. My office is near their place. They like to beat their personal record of how fast they can go from their drive to the stop sign. It's like working near an 16-older honkey tonk on Friday night. Dangerous business!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Not my point at all. I'm all for individual responsibility. I'm talking about understanding NHRA's position and the impact on their image, in today's litigious society, when when of their "members" openly engages in illegal street racing and something bad happens. Which has clearly happened on more than one occasion.

Do boxers and MMA fighters routinely engage in illegal fights outside the auspices of the organizations they are members of? Do they violate numerous laws and injure, maim, or kill people in the process? If they do, I bet they aren't members of that club for very long.

Wanna be a super cool illegal street racer? Want to pretend you are one on a stupid fake reality T.V. show? Knock yourself out. NHRA just made it clear that choice isn't consistent with NHRA membership…which puts it back in the individual responsibility realm. Make your choices and live with 'em instead of bitching about NHRA kicking you out of their club. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I doubt there are very many NHRA licensed members going around street racing. Just another business ran by Nancy Boys trying to push their agenda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom