Students suspended for wearing Confederate flags to protest gay rainbow flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

I would have thought if it was a boy wearing the gay pride t-shirt, the counter protest shirt should have had a picture of female genitalia on it, but that's just me.

It's the whole "You know what happens to homos 'round these parts," thing.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not seeing the problem here. The rebel flag has essentially become Murica's swastika. I know that's not it's origin, being the battle flag of the confederacy and all...

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not seeing the problem here. The rebel flag has essentially become Murica's swastika. I know that's not it's origin, being the battle flag of the confederacy and all...

As many may be offended by what the flag represents, likewise there are those who may be offended by representations of gay pride. If they're going to try so hard to protect the sensibilities of those who are easily offended then they need to do it across the board; not just when it suits them.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got no problem with either.
Wave them both if it makes you happy.
Always kind of tickles me how schools keep stepping in it.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image-1682366529.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many may be offended by what the flag represents, likewise there are those who may be offended by representations of gay pride. If they're going to try so hard to protect the sensibilities of those who are easily offended then they need to do it across the board; not just when it suits them.

I understand the argument, and agree with you between the lines, but we're talking two completely different representations. This isn't a pro-gay vs pro-straight. It's more like pro-gay vs. pro-lynch the non-whites there. That's probably where we disagree

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's more like pro-gay vs. pro-lynch the non-whites there. That's probably where we disagree

The Confederate battle flag has about as much to do with lynching as the Stars & Stripes has to do with the displacement and slaughter of American Indians. I mean, the U.S. Cavalry flew that flag while they carried out those deeds. Should it be synonymous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom