Students suspended for wearing Confederate flags to protest gay rainbow flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do have a point. However, my point condones neither as an acceptable act. What I am trying to say is that no person has the right force their views or opinions on anyone else. I do agree that gays have just as much right to their beliefs and lifestyle as any other person. My only is issue when its forced upon someone against their wishes. The same goes for the KKK or any other organization or lifestyle.

Oh! You mean groups like Christians do not have the right to shove their beliefs down others throats every holiday season and via the pledge of allegiance.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another difference is that gay rights advocates are fighting from a defensive position. They're the ones being denied rights and, in one way or another, forced to conform to heterosexual lifestyle parameters, at least when it comes to social acceptance and more importantly, legal acceptance.

The KKK have not been relevant for a looooong time. Really, if you're going to pick a hate group to use as an example how 'bout on that is still active? What pathetic little there is left of the KKK is a threat to no one. How bout Westborough Baptist or even the Democrat Party?

Oh! You mean groups like Christians do not have the right to shove their beliefs down others throats every holiday season and via the pledge of allegiance.

Just to be quite clear. My examples of overbearance relate to any, and all that infiringe on any other persons right to have their own beliefes or lifestyles. I myself am a Christian and have my own beliefs. I don,t expect anyone on this earth to conform to how I believe, nor condem them for not. BUT if you come at me and try to make me conform to you......then there will be a problem.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just to be quite clear. My examples of overbearance relate to any, and all that infiringe on any other persons right to have their own beliefes or lifestyles. I myself am a Christian and have my own beliefs. I don,t expect anyone on this earth to conform to how I believe, nor condem them for not. BUT if you come at me and try to make me conform to you......then there will be a problem.
That is exactly what is expected of you, mister.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, the KKK encourages hatred and have been know to slaughter people based on their race, while gays are asking to not be discriminated against based on their sexual orientation. That's kind of a big difference.

The bottom line is that gays deserve the same respect and right that any other American is afforded. If your argument against gay rights is based in religion then you really shouldn't concern yourself with their legal rights as per the separation of church and state clause.

[Broken External Image]

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Here in a little bit I'll be wrapping it up outside for the day. Then it'll be time for Skoal in front of the laptop. We've been seeing a few pics of the lady above. Wonder who she is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom