Stupid stuff. 7lb of tannerite vs one poor defenseless fridge at 103 degree heat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the video on YouTube that I can find. But this is the aftermath. We placed the Tannerite in the top, put it door down with the compressor facing away from us. Shot with a .338 Lapua.
It was 103 degrees outside. Never thought it would blow everything into small pieces as this was our first time with that stuff. Hours later in the heat, we picked up every single piece of debris shown in the video and a lot not shown.
The format of the video camera I had at the time is not really compatible with YouTube.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the video on YouTube that I can find. But this is the aftermath. We placed the Tannerite in the top, put it door down with the compressor facing away from us. Shot with a .338 Lapua.
It was 103 degrees outside. Never thought it would blow everything into small pieces as this was our first time with that stuff. Hours later in the heat, we picked up every single piece of debris shown in the video and a lot not shown.
The format of the video camera I had at the time is not really compatible with YouTube.

Glad I dont have to clean that up! 😁

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.military.com/video/off-...ng-fridge-filled-with-tannerite/5478833126001

Years ago, I asked the question to a fire chief can I go outside the city limits and get rid of a can of fffg Black powder by piling it up and setting a match to it.

He said and I quote, "You can do anything you want to but don't let your alligator thinking overload your bluebird ass."

Well as a dumbass bluebird, I piled it all up on a dirt road and instead of running a line of it toward the pile like they do in the movies., I lit the pile.

Not having ever been around black powder before, I thought it was going to be a slow burn like smokeless. Afterward, I was in extreme pain with no eyebrows and a severe suntan with second degree burns on my fingers.

My point, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that was a good old American fridge from the 50's it would've survived. I know this because I saw "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." The fridge he was in survived an atomic blast.

It get's real at 1:16...

However I never heard that they lined them with lead...

Latest posts

Top Bottom