Such eye candy, and the translation is hilarious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one sold on gunsamerica with two barrels and two scopes for $28k. Don’t know how old the listing was though. I’m surprised how cheap it was honestly.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day I dream of having a single shot stalking rifle, a double rifle, a drilling, and a vierling all hanging on my wall. Ready to be used of course.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a neighbor who had a similar 4bbl. I used to have a picture but not sure where it might be. I believe it was Italian and had some type of sea turtle with gold inlays. I would not think very practical, but it definitely was something to look at. He was getting older and sold it through some private auction service. Last I heard the bid was over 10K and then he did not talk about price anymore. Can't say as I blame him.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a neighbor who had a similar 4bbl. I used to have a picture but not sure where it might be. I believe it was Italian and had some type of sea turtle with gold inlays. I would not think very practical, but it definitely was something to look at. He was getting older and sold it through some private auction service. Last I heard the bid was over 10K and then he did not talk about price anymore. Can't say as I blame him.
My understanding is that vierlings and drilling are used mostly in driven hunts, where there may be multiple species of game for the taking. Having a rifle and a shotgun combined would allow you to shoot some birds or rabbits and have a round ready to go when that roe deer jumps out of the bushes.

I was doing some reading a while back, and apparently drillings aren’t as heavy as you would think. It seems to be harder to find 12ga guns, most are 16 or 20ga, to keep down on weight. I’ve seen a few guns in the 8lb range. I imagine a vierling wouldn’t weight much more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom