Sudden jump in unread posts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I always open the forum looking at unread posts.

I see the number of how many there are and think "wow there is more activity here than usual lately" just to find that it is some guy pulling up necro threads and posting on a bunch of things that the conversation had gone cold on long ago apparently padding their post count.

What the heck kind of indoctrination crap did you all do at the last ENS to create this monster! [emoji16]

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your damned if you post the same thing thats been posted in 20 different past threads, and your damned if you necropost. I don't mind reading necroposts as much as a new thread on same subjects.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's that way in other forums as well. I'm a moderator at an RV forum, and the owner of the website and forum prefers that we NOT reply to any thread that is over a year old.

The majority of the thought is that when one "revives" an old thread, subsequent readers think that it may be new and that the earlier posts (sometimes many years old) are new as well. However, one can find that the earlier posts contain information that is out of date or products that are no longer available.

I have to explain this to folks there. What really gets me are the ones that state, "I know this is an old thread, but..."

To which I explain, "Then instead of reviving an old one, start a new one."

Latest posts

Top Bottom