Suitable replacement for antibiotics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willnotgoquietly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi
Keep reading, I think you will find what your looking for. Fish/bird meds are available on-line no issues. Just like ordering a pack of peanuts :>.
The secret here is the id numbers on the pills. After you get your order look up a pill reference web site and then look up the numbers on the pill. See what you find. Try to imagine a completely separate lab to make "dog/fish/bird/cow/horse" meds in the exact same pill size/dosage and see if that sounds even remotely practical. No official source is going to give the OK so you just have to make up your own mind. Is the risk of the infection more then the risk of the med.

Last, As you increase your med preps don't forget about dental skills/issues. There are some good books called Where There is No Dentist/Doctor.

Keep prepping and learning... and have fun.

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr Bones and Nurse Amy of Doom an Bloom have done several podcasts on the use of fish and pet meds.
Here is a link to an interview they did with Jack Spirko on TSP
http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/bones-amy-survival-medic
Make sure you buy their book on Survival medicines.

There are several places to buy those, be forewarned even those supplies are staring to get in short
supply. I had a meeting last night where one of the people is a local vet, another a critical care nurse.
They both talked about the reported shortages of antibiotics so do your research and make your
purchases quickly.

There are two other areas to consider. Herbal and Essential oils. For a great herbal resource, check out
WesternBotanicals.com

Dr Kyle Christensen is a master herbalist and put out an excellent book called Herbal First Aid and Health
Care. I highly recommend it, best price I have found is on Amazon.

Western Botanicals has the largest selection of cut, powdered, tinctures and some essential oils I have
found so far. Another good source is a site called
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Herbs?id=5VNkzgjL

There are a host of books on herbal medicines. I am putting a lot of my personal focus in this area since
it is something we can grow and store so for long term sustainability, it should be something to look into.

As far as EO, Essential Oils, there are two companies that are at the top of the list. Young Living and
Dotera. The latter was started by a group that left YL. There is a lot of hype on the net as to which
is better, my mother has been in YL for over 25 years, she also joined Dotera. I think YL has the edge
just because they have been in it much longer. The negative is both of these are multi level marketing
companies, which means they are expensive even if you spend the $40 to become a distributor. I detest
those kinds of businesses, but in this case, to get the best, you are stuck with working around that.

I have found that the need for antibiotics is greatly reduced if you focus on health in diet and exercise.
I treat my hypertension and my wife's MS and hypothyroid condition with herbs and oils. Neither of us
are on any kind of pharmaceuticals for these conditions. We are also both on a Paleo diet, which means
no breads, processed sugars and dairy products. This has helped a great deal with our overall health.
My wife is 59 and just ran last week a 10K in under 59 minutes. 3 years ago her conditions were hitting
her pretty hard, that was when I started looking into the herbs and oils. Since then she has made a
drastic turn around.

I am eager to help and share what I have learned with those that are seriously interested in this this
kind of approach. I have some very knowledgeable local friends who are what I call experts in the oils
and herbs so I know to contact when I have questions which is quite often. This does require a lot of
time spent learning how to deal with these options. It is not something you can buy and put on the
shelf and forget about until you need it.

Storm Shadow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good subject and answers. Google also antibiotic, mold, tea. Lots of wait time, sounds awful, but might work. I have been meaning to make it (but not actually drink it) just out of curiosity and practice.

OKIE LADY

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi, Look under medicines on page 1 under Preppers Corner (OKIE LADY). I wrote some info regarding antibiotics. You can get several antibiotics from pet supply catalogs. Look under "fish" and "birds". There's penicillin, amoxicillin, ciprofloxin, etc and for fish and birds you don't need a Vet's prescription. The meds are all in capsule form and according to the companies, totally pure, no fillers. I was a Pharmacy Tech for 25 years, though the bottle may have an expiration date of 2 years, the med is usually good for another one to two years beyond that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom