Suspect Tries to Steal Car with Toddlers in Back Seat, Gets Shot in Head by Mother

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This story is proof that you can potentially make several tactical mistakes and still prevail. Not every good shoot is textbook perfect, but a win is a win nonetheless. :)

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't mess with mama and make her mad. She will use anything around even something she might not be accustomed to to protect her children.

If this was on I-45 south of Dallas, there is only one Shell station down that way. Had to stop to pee there one time a couple years ago. I decided to make other arrangements in the future.

I hope this will help everyone that reads about it who may not be familiar or comfortable having a firearm around think and become more aware. I hope she and others learn that considering pulling the trigger just one time in a situation like this should not be an option, even in an enclosed vehicle.

Sounds like everyone is ok, other than the perp who should not be breathing.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interestingly, I stumbled across this a few minutes ago:
https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/the-cost-of-killing/

The cost of killing
By tacticalprofessor on July 24, 2016
‘too bad they didn’t kill him’

‘needs to get more practice at the range so they have better aim [to kill him]’

–Internet common-taters

Often when a story surfaces in which an armed citizen wounds but doesn’t kill an attacking criminal, statements such as that will quickly show up in the comments section on the Internet. Persons who make such comments have no clue about the cost of killing someone. Even when there are no legal and financial costs, the emotional, psychological, and social costs will be considerable.

As in every class I attend or teach, I learn something from the students. Yesterday was no exception. I attended, as a student, the Proactive Mindset class taught by The Complete Combatant. The trainers graciously allowed me to give a short presentation at the end. One of the things I mentioned was the psychological cost of killing. The incident I cited was that of the citizen near Chattanooga who shot an old man with Alzheimer’s. The killing was ruled justifiable and he was not prosecuted. Coincidentally, someone who knows him was in the class. When the class was over, she came up and filled me in on how things developed after the incident. Suffice it to say that the emotional costs to him were enormous and continue to this day.

The cost is not only borne by the individual who does the shooting but also by their family. At some point their children are going to go to school and one of their classmates is going to taunt them with ‘my daddy says your daddy is a murderer!’ No matter how justifiable the shooting may be, someone in the community who feels that self-defense is an unacceptable concept will express their feelings to their children and the children will pass it on to your children.

Even one of the great police gunfighters of our time, the late great Jim Cirillo, bore the cost. Despite the fact that all his shootings were eminently justifiable and he didn’t suffer psychologically, he still had to pay the social cost. When his superiors recognized his bravery and devotion to duty, they recommended him for promotion. The promotion was turned down in the upper echelons of the NYPD because they said it would send the wrong message to the department and the public. ‘We don’t promote people for killing.’ This is one example of what Massad Ayoob calls the ‘Mark of Cain syndrome.’

Now imagine what it’s like for people who unintentionally kill a member of their own family. A parent who kills their child or someone who kills their spouse will probably never get another good night’s sleep as long as they live. The saddest part of these incidents is how avoidable they are. A flashlight and the ability to verbalize ‘who’s there?’ would have prevented almost all of them. A small flashlight was included in the goodie bag given out for Proactive Mindset. Great idea; everyone should have a couple of flashlights. Good ones are very inexpensive now.

That’s why our priorities should always be:

1. Avoid,
  2. Escape,
  3. Confront,
  4. Resist
When we jump to Confront and Resist before we absolutely need to, we’re being emotionally hijacked by the situation, our pasts, our current influences, and our egos. Allowing an emotional hijacking is no more a recipe for success than going along with any other kidnapping attempt. There’s always going to be a very high cost.

Internet common-taters take note; you’re not the ones who will pay the cost.​

Just an interesting point of view.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I read this thread that thought crossed my mid as well. Not that I would have any tears for the worthless POS who would endanger a child but he toll it would take on the mother had she actually killed him. I have this topic in EVERY SDA class I instruct. If you think you are mentally equipped to take a human life with no impact to your own mental and emotional state, you are wrong with VERY few exceptions.

I for one am glad this mom isn't going to have to bare that burden an will find an easier path to getting on with her life.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine her ears are still ringing shooting in an enclosed area like a car. Certain amount of acoustics but still loud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom