Swamp People and Product Placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm at a point in entertainment piracy where I feel I've watched just about every show and movie I'd want to. Seeking something to give me background noise pushing primers, I stumbled across Swamp People. I used to watch it in the first few seasons, but quit watching it because I never saw someone get bit even though that's what they teased before every commercial break. Meh... but I'm at a loss for entertainment.

Watched a few of the most recent seasons, I'm betting Savage regrets their sponsorships in the show. So many pretty and pristine guns going "click" and the ire of these cajuns talking about them guns that "keep messing up." The so-called "King of the Swamp" ditching his signature Savage for his trusty Ruger 96/22. It gives me the chuckles.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to watch it all of the time too . . . the manufactured drama and stupidity just got too much.

That seems like almost all the 'reality' shows. The first season or two are pretty good but then instead of just letting go they start to inject the stupid crap and ruin them.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lack of useable content in these shows and the fact that the producers show a clip of what happens next then goes to 27 commercials, then revisits the last ten minutes of the show when they return just irks me to no end. All of these shows are the same format. Oak Island, Gold Rush, Deadliest Catch, all of them show about 15 minutes of new footage in an entire hour long show.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have direct tv and get seemingly a gillion channel, but I can’t ever seem to find anything to watch. My go-to’s for background noise is reruns of Last Man Standing, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Big Bang Theory. They’re just mindless shows that provide a little stupid humor and require no attention or thought.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not watched regular TV for a few months.
I sat down for dinner and turned on the TV and I could not get through all the commercials.
It was Big Bang Theory.
I watch Netflix most of the time but just a couple hours in the evening and then the TV is off.

Getting hard to find decent stuff on Netflix also.
I can do without all the gay and sex scenes.
I would rather be having sex than watching it.
Same goes for football or baseball. I will not watch that crap either.
Much more fun to play it, so not going to watch it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not watched regular TV for a few months.
I sat down for dinner and turned on the TV and I could not get through all the commercials.
It was Big Bang Theory.
I watch Netflix most of the time but just a couple hours in the evening and then the TV is off.

Getting hard to find decent stuff on Netflix also.
I can do without all the gay and sex scenes.
I would rather be having sex than watching it.
Same goes for football or baseball. I will not watch that crap either.
Much more fun to play it, so not going to watch it.
Netflix is horrible. If it wasn’t cheap, we would’ve already cancelled it.
I used to watch hunting shows, but they’ve gotten way too hokie with manufactured “drama”. Jimmy Houston used to be the only goofy “actor” on the outdoor channel, but now they all hoop and holler and act like idiots.:rolleyes2

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just caugh the tail end of a show that aired years ago called Shipping Wars. The Ahole shipper Roy won a bid? for $15K to ship a Pelican type box a pretty fair distance but was not told where. He was to follow these black Tahoes and was followed by black Tahoes. Inside the Tahoes were armored, sunglass wearing, M4 toting types that deployed at every fuel and food stop as if setting up near and far security OP's.

One fuel stop they even took down a guy that had just exited his truck and "got too close" to the "package". Sheesh! I kept waiting for the April Fool to happen but it didn't. The last turn they called Roy on his cell and told him to turn right into the airport and give the package to "Bill". It shows everyone turning left into the airport, everyone jumps out and sets up their OP's again and a baldheaded "Bill" exits the jet plane, takes the case, asks Roy if he opened it. Roy tells Bill to F U and Bill then reaches into his jacket and hands Roy $15 K!

Talk about a setup, scripted, BS show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom