Swords Anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry probably gives directions like "you'll come to a corner with a pink house. Don't turn there."

You turn where the white horse used to stand under that cottonwood tree that got blown down in the Nader several years ago.

C'mon now, Guys. At least try to be nice here.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you ever work with Kydex? Just for poops and giggles I have been looking at sword scabbards and sheaths. Outside of a cheap Chinese made suede thing they are all way to expensive and I am almost positive no one here has one they want to trade.

Anyway ran across a site talking about making them from Kydex which seems to be the cheapest route for something decent. I just wondered how hard is it to work with? Would I need any special tools? Can it be heated in the oven without the fumes hurting us? Anything else I should know?

j.supafly

Marksman
Reaction score
Any of you ever work with Kydex? Just for poops and giggles I have been looking at sword scabbards and sheaths. Outside of a cheap Chinese made suede thing they are all way to expensive and I am almost positive no one here has one they want to trade.

Anyway ran across a site talking about making them from Kydex which seems to be the cheapest route for something decent. I just wondered how hard is it to work with? Would I need any special tools? Can it be heated in the oven without the fumes hurting us? Anything else I should know?
I've re-formed a couple of holsters by heating them in the oven. I didn't notice any fumes. You can watch the kydex and tell when it gets soft. Put on some gloves and quickly form it against whatever object you want it to match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom