T. W. Shannon for Senate...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard him speak and follow his offical posts - seems like a pretty straight forward and straight laced guy - solid family man with a good work ethic and strong conservative credentials.
If he succeeds in his bid to take the seat currently held by Sen Coburn then I hope he is prepared for the vilification he will receive once his conservatism becomes clear to others in the D.C. area - it won't be pretty.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I spent thousands of dollars and years of my time obtaining a professional degree I damn sure took the licensing exam. Just my perspective. I don't really get not sitting for the exam even if you think you won't practice law. I don't know what kind of work ethic someone has if they never have had a real job, which I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of careers that require a law degree don't require you to take the bar.

I have a friend who didn't take his, he makes more than most lawyers giving legal advice to the company he works for.

As a side note I'm sure we'll hear lots of opposition as the election draws near, some real and some just for affect.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I spent thousands of dollars and years of my time obtaining a professional degree I damn sure took the licensing exam. Just my perspective. I don't really get not sitting for the exam even if you think you won't practice law. I don't know what kind of work ethic someone has if they never have had a real job, which I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

I'm not sure why you'd say that he hasn't had a "real job". He has held a number of jobs post-college including being Chief Administrative officer for the Chickasaw Nation, maybe you don't think of that as a real job but I bet the Chickasaw Nation does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom