taurus 24/7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dont know much about the different brands

Well, here's another thing to consider: the warranty, and whether the company will pay for warranty shipping both ways.
You see, we ordinary folks can't mail handguns, so we have to pay overnight air rates with UPS or FEDEX, or else pay an FFL to mail it back, UNLESS the manufacturer issues shipping call tags (like S&W and some others).
I've shipped back 2 pistols under warranty this year. The S&W cost me nothing. The Taurus PT22 (going back for the third time in 13 years) cost me FEDEX EXPRESS overnight rates of about $50.

If you never had a gun break, you just haven't shot enough, so warranty does matter.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 24/7 compact .40S&W, never failed to fire, feels good and shoots very accurate for just over a 3" barrel. The haters will hate, but it'll kill you just as dead for hundreds less.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 24/7 compact .40S&W, never failed to fire, feels good and shoots very accurate for just over a 3" barrel. The haters will hate, but it'll kill you just as dead for hundreds less.
my opinion is based on what i've seen in 400 round+ training classes.never seen a taurus of any kind finish.when i took cleet phase 4 (which is a simple 400 round class) there where 2 24/7's in the class,1-9mm and 1- 40 s&w neither finished. both shooters had to borrow guns to complete the class

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my opinion is based on what i've seen in 400 round+ training classes.never seen a taurus of any kind finish.when i took cleet phase 4 (which is a simple 400 round class) there where 2 24/7's in the class,1-9mm and 1- 40 s&w neither finished. both shooters had to borrow guns to complete the class

This. Got a little bit ofexperience myself, and sorry, but I just don't trust 'em...not saying I hate Taurus; (but I wouldn't have one).

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one in .45 and I've never had any trouble with it. Decent gun for the price. Definitely don't care for the trigger but for what I paid for it I can throw under the seat of my car and not worry about it. I wouldn't do that with an expensive 1911.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OMG!..........400 rounds kills a Taurus 24/7 huh? I'd better save my last 10 for bigfoot considering I'm at 390.