The Bang Switch reviews/compares Budget Red Dot Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.thebangswitch.com/budget-red-dot-sight-comparison-part-1/

Interesting read for those of us who are on a limited budget, but don't want to buy junk.

These are the red dots MAC reviews in Part 1 (the results of his testing to come in Part 2):

Optics.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a sight mark ultra Z series HWS. It is the second one that I have owned and let me tell you, it is great. It is on target right out if the box and is made very well. It looks nice and performs even better. It only costs about $90 on amazon. I just can't see anyone not liking it. Here is a link to it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008PEKA9O

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MAC does some good videos on youtube, and thebangswitch blog is good stuff too. I've had really good luck with both Vortex SPARC and Strikefire red dots. Tough little buggers for the price.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be on his forums 24/7 before they went down and I came here. Spoke to a him times on the forums and a big fan of Tim's. I am also waiting with baited breath for these results. I for one think that the TRS-25 will win as mine has head up amazingly well on my AK, and I don't baby it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people struggle with this stuff.
They either can't or don't want to drop a bunch of money on red-dots.
For me I won't shoot one enough to do it.
I don't mind spending big buck on something I'll depend on.
I'd love to see a decent comparison of the entry level price range sights for the average joe-smoe to
be able to spend their money with some level of confidence they aren't wasting their money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom