The Bob Dozier EDC Folder.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been watching the prices of the new knifes being offered, and i just have to ask what do you the forum members think of this new Bob Dozier EDC Folder?

The picture included is from the July 2023 Guns Magazine, and the article writers Pat Covert comments about this knife with a D2 steel blade and Micarta scales, sure it's a heavy duty built knife, thet Mr. Covert calls the $625 price very reasonable.

What i think we have here is a design from Bob Dozier that is being produced for him, D2 is a nice steel but not what i would call the best steel for a knife with a price of $625.

Anyway maybe Mr. Dozier is hand forgeing and grinding the blades, and Mr. Dozier puts every one of these knives togather himself this i have no idea about.

I just feel were seeing a lot of knives with high prices, are they really worth it that a good question. Bob Dozier EDC Folder Knife.jpg.JPG

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a fan of Dozier knives and have one of his fixed blade hunting knives, but I won’t be paying $600 for a EDC pocket knife.

If I was going to buy a custom pocket knife, it would be a Reed cowboy switchblade made in Locust Grove, Oklahoma. My youngest son has one, and it’s a well made “using” knife.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say a knife's value to you...is what its value is to you. I make several knives a year hobby level, I kind of stick to what he says on his web site. In my opinion I make a good solid knife from good steel. But I don't get in the habit of dressing it with 500.00 or more worth of fossilized this or that or gold inlay etc, just a good looking practical solid knife. With that said I like to look at those types of knives and I like the art and craft that goes into them. So I was texting a guy I make a lot of knives for, we were talking about Sod Buster style knives, my favorite shape style knife. I was telling him how I'm disappointed with all the over counter versions, all are cheap, that I have found. He sent me a Smith and Sons Mud Bug about a 195.00 to 200.00 knife. For a over the counter sod buster it is head and tails above all in my collection, which is a lot. its D2, it has bronze bushings, no blade play to speak of. in my opinion worth every penny. I carry my own Spotts buster I made for myself, blade Damasteel handle giraffe bone nothing fancy, but it cost me in materials over 200.00 to make, not counting the multiple hours to make it. if you value hand made tools/work of art etc then yes its worth it, if you do not value that, which is perfectly ok, then no. just thinking out loud.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Smith-Sons-Mudbug-Lock-Back-Knife--181581

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For an example when i was selling knives in 2010 this Z.T. 0456 Sinkevich with 20CV Blade steel, was then $240, i thought it was a lot of money then, but the price quickly started jumping up to close to $300.
This product is no longer available today being disconnectioned but is a good example as to how the knife prices have grown to where they are today.

Oh by the way i love this knife just had to have it.
ZT 0456 Flipper.jpg.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom