Help me decide...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's GED's next folder?

• Kizer Feist XL w/black denim micarta scales

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a hankerin' for a new folder. I'm not a HUGE knife guy and I refuse to pay over a C note for one. You blade/steel snobs might wanna leave the room or cover your ears right about now.

I'm not looking for anything really high end and the type of steel isn't a big factor either. 8cr13mov, VG10 or D2 is sufficient for my needs.

So far, I've got it narrowed down to three:

Civivi Conspirator in green micarta: I'm a big fan of micarta scales and the button lock of this knife looks like it would be handy. It comes in at just the right size (4.63 in handle/3.48 in blade) and it's just a good lookin', clean esthetic folder.

Kizer Feist XL in black denim micarta: Again, I'm loving the micarta scales, but I'm not sure about the front flipper design. I had a Civivi Lumi once upon a time, which is also a front flipper, but it didn't have a whole lot of jimping on the action for positive deployment. This Kizer looks like maybe it does however.

Spyderco Endela: Spyderco is usually my go to knife. It was my first "real" folder when I started carrying one on duty, and I've just never picked up a Spydie that I didn't love. This one is also just the right size, but I'm not a fan of the lockback. I prefer liner locks.

So there you have it. My three picks. Which one is your favorite and why. Of course, I put an "other" option in the poll for some others that I may not know about.

I have three conditions. It has to have at least a 4.5 inch handle. It has to have an opening mechanism other than a thumb stud. I hate thumb studs. And I really really want a micarta handle sumthin' sumthin'

It's a funny thing about the internet. I find myself not knowing that I need something until I see a picture or video about it. That's how I've discovered certain brands like Hitch and Timber, Olight, Zero Feud, GondekEDC and Viperade, just to name a few.

Please vote and comment! :thanku:

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would lean towards the Conspirator, but I recently tried a CJRB Chord and have been really happy with it. It is a Button Lock Flipper and has a 4.72" handle.

https://www.amazon.com/CJRB-CUTLERY...eae8f9840&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1
1704586989149.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of those 3, I like the Civivi the most. I have 2 of that brand and I'm very happy with them. I've looked at the Kizer knives, but just haven't jumped on one yet. Not a fan of that one you listed though. As for the Spyderco, I'm the complete opposite of you. I don't like anything from that brand. So, I guess take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of the three I might be preferential toward the Civivi based on the blade profile.

Now, if you wanted something that'll put hair on your chest, I'd make you a deal on a Spyderco Harpy :D

1704595438401.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom