The Firing Pin 110710

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy,

Well the scores are tallied and posted over at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/the-gathering/files/The Firing Pin IDPA Match Resu/.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but this forum only allows a 19.5kb size pdf file, Guess I could save it as a jpg...

Oh well it is done. :sorry1:

I had all but one e-mail addy and sent an invite to those I had the addys for. If any of today's shooters can not access the site let me know and I will e-mail the scores to you.

For those that missed the match we had 10 shooters, 3 of which had not shot IDPA before and i that had not played any of the games or had much experience with a pistol.

All shooters were safe, gracious, and willing to paste etc which always makes a match run easier and faster - thanks guys.

Because we had folks from different disciplines in attendance and new shooters we did have a few procedurals given, That sucks to have to give a procedural but the hits on hte NO SHOOTS (NS) really surprised me. All shooters had good accuracy but that timer does throw the monkey on the back.

We shot 5 stages with four being scenarios and 1 being a drill with 2 strings. Total tome including set-up, safety brief and clean-up was I think less than 2 hrs from start to finish.

Warm but at least we were out of the sun and by golly we had a place to shoot and hold a match!

Stage one had you talking on the cell phone outside your vehicle trying to call for roadside assistance. Best 3 with 4 threats - total 12 shots.

Stage 2 was the drill which had you moving latterly l-r then r-l limited. One shot per each of the 6 targets during each string - total 12 shots..

Stage 3 was a combined s1 and s2 with a best 2 per the 8 targets.

Stage 4 you were fixing a flat with 4 threats, Best 2 CoM and best 2 to the head box - total 16 shots.

Stage 5 had you stopping at an out of the way roadside diner saving your wife and daughter, You performed a failure to stop (FTS) on 3 threats for a total of 9 shots.

Posted the results for both s1-s4 and s1-s5 not knowing what the standard was. Plus it will give those that didn't stay for stage 5 a look at how they stacked up for the first four stages

Well the nose count was a couple higher this month and for those that don't make this match we could easily double the number of shooters. If you know someone who might be interested do what I did today and drag them out and then give gear to use. In other words act like a crack dealer and give them the first taste free and then when you have them hooked let them get into the 1911 vs Glock debate and watch them settle on a XD lol. Really folks try and promote these matches. The sport needs dedicated members and it helps keep this lil match on the books.

Had a great time and hope to see you all next month.

sb

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jerry, thanks for running the show today. It was a lot of fun. Us new guys really benefit from you all who have been there and are willing to help us out. Thanks again.

Trevor

Sorry I did not have any down time to tell some lies or what not so I am not sure how I could have helped today. Besides you guys a pretty good shooters and once you learn the dos and don'ts and get a few more matches under your belts its going to amazing to watch you guys.

Thanks for doing what you do with/for the new shooters.

sb

Latest posts

Top Bottom