The fishing frenzy has begun! Whos catching em and where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sounds and looks like you had fun

Got a good stringer of crappie and small bass today. All came from a spring fed farm pond. Biggest crappies were 14" and got one 4 lb bass but let it go and only kept the small ones. The pond is overstocked with little bass.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_4_23_11Fishing.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats a heck of a string of fish! Thats good pond managment, putting the big bass back and taking out the dinks.:D

I'm on my 16th straight day at work with no time off, but will get Monday off:hyper::hyper:

If the rain will hold off, its going to be turkey hunting in the morning, and crappie fishing in the creeks for afternoon fun:hyper:

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fished a tournament at McGee Creek yesterday. It was a MakeAWish benefit. My brother and I caught about 40 mixed spots and blacks. We won 2nd place with a stringer of almost 7 lbs for our 5 fish. Remember that McGee is a slot lake, so no 16-22" fish could be kept. Almost everyone reported lots of fish, just most small, spots.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fished a tournament at McGee Creek yesterday. It was a MakeAWish benefit. My brother and I caught about 40 mixed spots and blacks. We won 2nd place with a stringer of almost 7 lbs for our 5 fish. Remember that McGee is a slot lake, so no 16-22" fish could be kept. Almost everyone reported lots of fish, just most small, spots.

That's not bad at McGee if they were all under the slot. Our club fishes there and everyone will have a limit - usually about 4 1/2 lbs! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom