The Government First Attempt to Confiscate Firearms: 122 Killed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two months after the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the Continental Congress, under its president, John Hancock, declared on June 12th, 1775: “Congress … considering the present critical, alarming and calamitous state … do earnestly recommend, that Thursday, the 12th of July next, be observed by the inhabitants of all the English Colonies on this Continent, as a Day of Public Humiliation, Fasting and Prayer, that we may with united hearts and voices, unfeignedly confess and deplore our many sins and offer up our joint supplications to the All-wise, Omnipotent and merciful Disposer of all Events, humbly beseeching Him to forgive our iniquities … It is recommended to Christians of all denominations to assemble for public worship and to abstain from servile labor and recreations of said day."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I remembered learning in grade school that Revere was captured but I couldn't remember who, Sam Prescott, continued the ride warning Concord and Lexington. I truly love history, especially American History.

I saw the other day on a US Grant Documentary, that the first battle of the Civil War had more combatants involved than the Revolutionary war had total enlisted. Over seven thousand I think was the number.

Latest posts

Top Bottom