The illegal immigration crisis is sparking an American civil war.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few places along our 2,000-mile southern border with Mexico more perfectly illustrate America's utterly dysfunctional immigration policy than a remote, private pecan farm in Eagle Pass, Texas.

At this sprawling ranch - owned by Hugo and Magaly Urbina – on the banks of the Rio Grande, President Joe Biden's federal Border Patrol agents are locked in a bizarre daily struggle with Texas Governor Greg Abbott's Department of Public Safety (DPS).

Under a simple white tent on the farm, U.S. Border Patrol agents are processing illegal migrants and then transporting them by bus to a nearby brick-and-mortar facility.

From there they will likely be released into the U.S. interior to await judicial hearings on their asylum claims. For some, the process may take up to six years.

Just outside the property's fence, however - between the river and the farm - Texas DPS authorities stand guard and bristle with frustration.

Why?

'It seems that [U.S. Border Patrol is] letting [migrants] in and we're doing our part in order to keep them out,' DPS Highway Patrol Sgt. Rene Cordova explains to me.

Sgt. Cordova shows me fortifications they've built to stop migrants from crossing onto the Urbina's farm, but Border Patrol tore down a section of the chain link fence.

It also wasn't helpful to Texas that the Urbinas – who leased a long stretch of their riverfront to the Border Patrol at expense to the U.S. taxpayer - dug a walkway ramp down to the river to make the steep bank more accessible.

This is nothing short of an absurd civil war of sorts pitting two American forces, one controlled by Texas and the other by Washington D.C., against each other.

And it all but guarantees that neither fully succeeds nor fails.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...TODD-BENSMANs-dispatch-militarized-Texas.html

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the funny thing Historically and up until recent times and by recent times I mean in the last 100 years , the job of border security actually fell to the Army . I find it funny how people lose their minds over something which shouldn't even be a question as to what we should do .

I can make the argument at this point in time we should totally restrict immigration , the US is no longer a growing nation with a lot of factories which need huge numbers of unskilled labor . What we are recieving from south of the border is a net negative and will collapse the system just like Cloward and Piven envisioned

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the funny thing Historically and up until recent times and by recent times I mean in the last 100 years , the job of border security actually fell to the Army . I find it funny how people lose their minds over something which shouldn't even be a question as to what we should do .

I can make the argument at this point in time we should totally restrict immigration , the US is no longer a growing nation with a lot of factories which need huge numbers of unskilled labor . What we are recieving from south of the border is a net negative and will collapse the system just like Cloward and Piven envisioned
There is plenty of labor in the inner cities without the immigrants,jsut need to turn off the welfare checks and put them to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom