The MIC holster??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These have been around for awhile. Personally,

1) I'm not a fan of Mexican carry
2) S**t flapping around in front during/after my draw is not good. At all.
3) The MIC will not stay in place if you're being rolled. Having your gun fly out in front of the folks giving you a boot party, held where they can keep the party rolling and grab the gun, falls really low on my list of Really Good Ideas.

Just me...

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These have been around for awhile. Personally,

1) I'm not a fan of Mexican carry
2) S**t flapping around in front during/after my draw is not good. At all.
3) The MIC will not stay in place if you're being rolled. Having your gun fly out in front of the folks giving you a boot party, held where they can keep the party rolling and grab the gun, falls really low on my list of Really Good Ideas.

Just me...

I would use it with a "clipdraw" but I understand your point. I think it is differnt and has some merit but I question the market here. He was next to me in Knob Creek and sold a bunch of them. he did put some thought in them and my son-in-law is playing with the idea.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Getting a full grip the first time I touch the gun is very important to me. If it had something like a hip grip it would work better, imo.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would use it with a "clipdraw" but I understand your point. I think it is differnt and has some merit but I question the market here. He was next to me in Knob Creek and sold a bunch of them. he did put some thought in them and my son-in-law is playing with the idea.
I agree, he did put some thought into it. I guess I would suggest taking an ECQC class with Mike Brown, up your way, using one, before I really bought into the concept.

I haven't played with Mike, but I plan to next year (after RN is done). From what I see and hear its a good gut check for self and gear.

Don't shoot your dick, carry a MIC!
That won't happen with BladeTech, Raven, FIST or quite a few others that do offer retention and consistency of position, either.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I got one about a week ago and I like it. All the holsters I tried irritated my skin and I couldn't find a decent position. I've put it on and jumped around like an idiot and it doesn't move a bit. Of course I do wear my belt pretty tight most times. I mostly just wanted it to keep it from falling down my pants and shooting my junk off.

For $20 it's not bad I don't think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom