The safety bullet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone seen the safety bullet and what are your thoughts about it? I am not sure it is a real good idea for a bedside gun when you are sleeping and someone breaks in you might disable your only way of defending your home.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine has one and used it when there were kids in the house. I'd never use one personally. If I were concerned about someone finding the weapon, I'd separate it from the magazine and hide it.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the price of $24.95 and $7.95 for shipping for TWO of those that they are advertising, they can keep it. I'd rather use snap caps if I were going to do something like that.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After watching the animation it seems impractical for a revolver. Getting to a live round, if you needed to, would be too complex for any kind of self defense. You might as well leave the revolver unloaded and save $30.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching the animation it seems impractical for a revolver. Getting to a live round, if you needed to, would be too complex for any kind of self defense. You might as well leave the revolver unloaded and save $30.

If you were to fill the whole cylinder, it would cost $98.70.

I don't see many people buying this product just from cost alone.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the price of $24.95 and $7.95 for shipping for TWO of those that they are advertising, they can keep it. I'd rather use snap caps if I were going to do something like that.

I stock them and you do not have to pay shipping and they are $19.99 out the door.

I think they are a good idea. Snap caps are not the same thing and you would not fill the whole gun with them. More practical in an auto than a revolver.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The devise is the only devise that allows you instant access to your gun and prevents unauthorized use. I have listened to how kids are trained not to touch ect ect. If peer pressure wasn’t a problem we would not have a drug problem. Many a person has been shot by an unloaded gun. Remove the magazine and hide does not give you instant access to your firearm. In my opinion they are prudent, but everyone makes the choice they can live with.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...what happens when your all stressed out with a real intruder in the house at 3 am?

You flip the safety and "pop"... your safety bullet into "center mass" and lock your gun into a piss poor boomerang?

I guess if you have a revolver... and know how to index the correct cylinder, you have to hope the "kid" who's screwing with your gun knows how to get the gizmo bullet to come up on the next trigger stroke after he's done putzing around.

Learn to manage your firearm. Period.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...what happens when your all stressed out with a real intruder in the house at 3 am?

You flip the safety and "pop"... your safety bullet into "center mass" and lock your gun into a piss poor boomerang?

I guess if you have a revolver... and know how to index the correct cylinder, you have to hope the "kid" who's screwing with your gun knows how to get the gizmo bullet to come up on the next trigger stroke after he's done putzing around.

Learn to manage your firearm. Period.

+1

This "safety bullet" only works IF the right circumstanses present themselves too. What if the kid racks the slide?

I think it's a horrible idea that will not only open you up to potentially messing up when YOU need it as Jef said, but ALSO will allow dumba$$ people who don't know how to manage their firearm in the first place FALSE security where they think it's cool to go ahead and leave the gun out where a child could get to it anyway.

Learn to manage your firearm. AND teach your children about firearm safety. Period.

Latest posts

Top Bottom