There's gonna be a gal joining us in a few days ... I hope ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the prison I work in is 10 miles west of Muskogee . I feel safer in there than I do Muskogee

I did NOT know there was a prison there. My grandparents had a dairy in Okay back in the day. I kinda wish I'd been old enough to take it over when Grandpa decided to sell. I loved it out there.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can't wait to see ya,
Miss gun totin' TIA!!!
Good Luck and Condolences to the new member. Muscogee (originally) is still alive and dying. (excuse my contradictory truths) Dodge City? Tombstone? Deadwood? Neither of these ain't got sh_t on Muscogee. People were killed so fast, there wasn't time to record and make history of it. It was truly a terminus town for many as an end of the line rail town. Carrie Underwood, a survivor of the Muscogee Territory, was born there. That may be the only time the sun shined in Muscogee.
Good reading below!
https://truewestmagazine.com/article/the-wildest-town-in-indian-territory/

Thanks for the link! I learned some things.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Muskogee most of my life, until moving to OKC in 2013. It was a great place to live until around 1990-2000. The city was built by several families that for decades loved the city and invested in the city. There was a good amount of industry, etc. THEN, a new generation of those families came along and decided it was better to consume the wealth left to them instead of following the precedent of those before them. The most recent mayor did a great job of beginning a revival of the community and things were looking good. However, the new mayor, just recently elected, is one of the “Consumers”. His family, for several generations, were instrumental in many growth initiatives over the years. This fellow is nothing like that. There are many great folks living there and except for the downtown area, and area to the west of downtown, it is still a good place to live, good schools, good churches, good neighborhoods, but without some new employers, it will continue falling.

If we were to move back there, I would suggest living in Ft. Gibson.

Oh, and Carrie Underwood is from Checotah, about 15-20 miles south of Muskogee.

Tom Coburn was from Muskogee, but so was was Mike Synar.
THIS was the kinda info I was looking for. Thanks a ton!!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to see you back @THAT Gurl

Seems like you were MIA for a while

I was ... Just taking a breather. Probably gonna take another one, too, in a couple of weeks, to get the garden up and running.

Dawg and me have been going out to K9U so I can get trained to get my therapy dog certification. He LOVES 💕💕💕 to get petted and the Children's Hospital here in Bethany uses the dogs to help kids with their therapy. Seems like a win-win for the old man. He will think he's died and gone to heaven because there is a Sonic right next to the Children's Hospital and he ALWAYS gets a Jr. Burger when he goes for a car ride. 😁🥰🥰🥰

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man!! I gotta get that doorbell fixed!! Sorry I missed ya!

Guess the knees are feeling good?? Or at least gooder?? (I don't care if Grumpy gets woke up or not. 😉😂) I'm glad you were able to go back to being a productive member of society and stop being a deadbeat on the company dime. 😉😂😂😂🙍

Somewhere a retired mailman is punching the air.....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Subscribed for future toe pics... @RickN's are losing their effectiveness... maybe if he added some color to the nails....:idea::laugh6:
Oh no, we can't have that.

WTF 3.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom