Thermal target options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettJ

Ain’t got no gas in it..
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fellas I’m gonna zero my first thermal scope this weekend, and I was wondering if y’all use the factory made targets for thermals or is there another way that you prefer? Tips tricks advice is more than welcome!
Scope is a cheap ATN Thor 160 4-8x.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friends thermal will show where you put your hand on a tree at night for about 20 minutes.
Look up at the ceiling in his house and see where the 2x6's are at.

I thought the Thor scopes could be used during the day also so what keeps someone from sighting in during the day??

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friends thermal will show where you put your hand on a tree at night for about 20 minutes.
Look up at the ceiling in his house and see where the 2x6's are at.

I thought the Thor scopes could be used during the day also so what keeps someone from sighting in during the day??
I have an ATN Thor and I sighted it in during the day using aluminum foil folded multiple times to make 2” squares. Stapled them to a plywood target board and they showed up great for sight in.

After sighted in, I have used those small 8 or 10 oz water bottles heated in the microwave and kept in a small ice chest until I pulled them out to shoot.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone's pretty much covered it. I fold AL foil into inch square (1 MOA) and spray glue it to a cardboard target with grids for adjustment. Wrinkle the foil first then flatten it. The wrinkles make better contrast than smooth flat foil. Foil shows black in White hot mode.
For hand warmers or Iron Oxide tabs, I'll cut a 1" square in cardboard and tape to the back.

Down Range Thermal is the commercial distributor for ThermBright targets. The owner's a buddy and a good dude.
https://www.downrangethermal.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom