Thinking about man vs man steel match this weekend Sat Jan 29

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott in OK

Marksman
Reaction score
Jim and I were looking for a match this weekend and could not find one. So We are putting out this feeler. We are thinking about having a man vs man steel match in Ponca City. Below is a copy of the email he sent out. Let us know.
Scott

We got a wild hair to shoot a match this weekend. As things would have it we couldn't find one within a decent driving distance so we thought we'd hold a man against man match. If we get enough response by Wednesday night we'll throw one together Saturday. We were thinking something like 12 steel per side with a handicap of one plate per division and one plate per class. For those of you that aren't familiar with this type of match we'll be starting from holsters and shooting center fire handguns.

So if you're interested respond back so we can get a head count. Also feel free to forward this on to anyone you think might have an interest. I'll let everyone know what we decide Thursday.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jim and I were looking for a match this weekend and could not find one. So We are putting out this feeler. We are thinking about having a man vs man steel match in Ponca City. Below is a copy of the email he sent out. Let us know.
Scott

We got a wild hair to shoot a match this weekend. As things would have it we couldn't find one within a decent driving distance so we thought we'd hold a man against man match. If we get enough response by Wednesday night we'll throw one together Saturday. We were thinking something like 12 steel per side with a handicap of one plate per division and one plate per class. For those of you that aren't familiar with this type of match we'll be starting from holsters and shooting center fire handguns.

So if you're interested respond back so we can get a head count. Also feel free to forward this on to anyone you think might have an interest. I'll let everyone know what we decide Thursday.

giving up 3 pieces of steel to a c class shooter would kill me. Id fire 6 shots and then have to go home.:nolike:

Scott in OK

Marksman
Reaction score
I guess I did not make it clear, there will be 12 pieces of steel on each side. The match will be best 2 out of three for the win. Then it will be run as double elimination. So the absolute min rounds a person would shoot is 48. if it goes to all three rounds and double elimination it would be 72 rounds.
An A class shooter shooting against a C class shooter, the A shooter will shoot 12 and the C class shooter will shoot 10. I know it may sound like a lot of difference, but it really does even things out pretty good.
It has been quite a while since we had one, but, it makes both shooters hump up and get it right.
One match Jim ran, he had a buy back in if you lost out. He said he almost ran out of ammo by the time they quit shooting that day.

S

Scott in OK

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks anyway about the rifle match. I have a hard enough time figuring out how to shoot the short guns. I just really don't do the rifle thing. I have played with the shotguns a bit and find them really fun, but I just can't get into the rifles.

S

Latest posts

Top Bottom