this is why I carry. So Sad :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a woman, who also works in the real estate field this caught my attention from the very start.

I can only be very sad for her family and hope that this guy does not get away with what he has done.

This is a very dangerous job to be in, whether you are male or female. Always make sure people know where you are and how long to expect you.

I never show homes to people I don't know alone anymore. I did ONE time, and I made sure 3 people knew where I was going, when I got there and when I left. I told them if you haven't heard from me in 30 minutes call and if I don't answer, come looking for me.

I've always thought this could be a very dangerous business, especially for a woman alone. Meeting complete strangers, sometimes in remote locations.
Smart to let people know where you will be, but unfortunately a lot can happen in 30 minutes.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always thought this could be a very dangerous business, especially for a woman alone. Meeting complete strangers, sometimes in remote locations.
Smart to let people know where you will be, but unfortunately a lot can happen in 30 minutes.

This is very true. However sometimes it takes longer than that to show the house, especially if they are running late. Just another reason why I don't go alone anymore. In 7 years, I only did it once and looking back it was completely stupid move on my part. Thankfully the guy turned out to be okay.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.findmespot.com_images_spot_tracker_tips.jpg

Nice product and has some value, but in this case... I don't think it would have helped. Sounds like it works best from leaving in a vehicle on the dash or something similar. Even if she carried it in her purse (hidden-like), it might have trouble getting a signal, and in her case, the purse was left behind. Can definitely see some applications where it would have helped.

I'm wondering... she had her cell phone on her, at least, because it sounds as if "someone" made some texts late that night to her husband... if the GPS function is still enabled on a phone it could aid in more rapid tracking. Of course, on my phone (Android), disabling GPS is a matter of 2 swipes - drag the top bar down and tap the GPS button to turn it off. However, I would not doubt there are surreptitious GPS-controlling apps out there that you could download that would allow GPS to function full-time and NOT show on the status bar of the phone as being active. This may be a good option for folks... maybe something to think about in LMS or subprep's situations, or even those of us who are doing in-person swaps for sales/trades set up online.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Even when carrying, showing a house alone, there would have to be 100% awareness of the where the client was in the house, where the client was in relation to the realtor, the client's attitude, etc. Gun in a purse would be nearly impossible to use in a sudden rush.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is planning on doing what he did, the fact you are carrying will probably not make a difference. You would have to live your life thinking everyone is evil and adjust your day accordingly.

Sounds like you have the right frame of mind, but I'm sure most people just go about their day with their head in the clouds not one bit aware of their surroundings. I could not imagine my wife as a realtor after reading this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom