This thread is dedicated to Gersh Kuntzman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

G. Star Swain sings "The National Anthem" live at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. 6/16/16
Star Swain
Published on Jun 16, 2016

The Best Versions of "The Star Spangled Banner" and "America The Beautiful"
Devotedlamb19
Published on Sep 22, 2012

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a 4th of July party in, IIRC, 1986, on Staten Island (one of the five boroughs of New York City) and saw the relighting of the Statue of Liberty. Whitney Houston sang the national Anthem from Governor's Island (then the area USCG Headquarters) for President Reagan. Her version of the anthem was incredible, she had the voice of an angel and brought the song to life.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a 4th of July party in, IIRC, 1986, on Staten Island (one of the five boroughs of New York City) and saw the relighting of the Statue of Liberty. Whitney Houston sang the national Anthem from Governor's Island (then the area USCG Headquarters) for President Reagan. Her version of the anthem was incredible, she had the voice of an angel and brought the song to life.

I have heard that also. Seems like she also sang the National Anthem/Star Spangled Banner at some event(not too long before her death) that received a lot of praise and comment.

Here is another Whitney Houston performance at the Super Bowl XXV(1991):

Whitney Houston - Star Spangled Banner
CavBuffaloSoldier
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2012

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom