Thoughts on this rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, I missed it. I'm deployed and the timezone change makes keeping up a little harder. I was going to have my wife take care of it for us (she's local and legal too). Do the local guys have a way to keep tabs on inventory from afar? $120 for a FTF at a local store is just fine by me. I just need a good way to know they're there so I can send the wifey out shopping. Anyone have any other ideas, local or online?

Thanks for the help!

packa357

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've got a Mauser. Several friends and family members have Mosins. Most got theirs from Classic Firearms. They are fun to shoot. Just plan on cleaning the gun right after each shoot, and taking quite a bit of time doing it.

TheLlama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would wait for Sooner State Pawn to get them back in stock. Last I was at BigBoys they were 139.99 and that does not include the bayonet/sling/extras. Its another 20 for those items. Sooner State Pawn usually is 130 with all the extras.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Classic Arms has had them in stock recently. I got one this month from them, a 91/30. First time I've had one of the full-length guns, and I like it a lot. It was painted at some point, and some of the paint on the muzzle made it tough to attach the bayonet. A handful of attachments and removals cleared that up, though. Also, I must say, cleaning off the cosmoline sucked big time. I had never done that before, and next time I buy one will try to find one locally that has already been cleaned.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like Sooner Pawn has some in stock. I talked to my wife and she's going tomorrow (for you guys) to pick it up for me. She's been having all the fun. She spent the day at the range yesterday and today she's off buying a new gun. Oh well, I'll get to play when I get home. I'll get pics of it...that will have to do. Hopefully she can pick a nice, prewar model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom