"Threaded Game-Tracker Devices" for Archery..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a guy out one time that was a champion archer on the 3D range, but had never taken game with his bow. He bought one of those, and like some have said it was good out to 20 yds. I called in a tom for him, and he shot it low. We sat there and watched hundreds of yards of line run out, until it was empty. We looked all over that property, and never did see that string.
Maybe we missed it?? Don't know.

He probably hit the bird too far forward (assuming a broadside shot). If it was in the vital area broadside, the low shot would have taken out the hips and the bird would have fallen over.

Most people don't understand the anatomy of a turkey when it comes to shooting them with a bow. The vitals are a lot further back and lower than most people expect.

Reaction score
I believe that and thanks for the tip - similar to how a lot of people don't know that an elk's heart & lungs are a bit lower and further forward than on a deer, and much more so than they expect, and where the hole is down low between bones, where you have to place your arrow to ensure hitting heart with no deflection. My semi-bubba friend has told multiple stories of losing elk that he thought he hit well (lose track now; at least 3 times; 2 ML and 1 or more archery), that got away. Sounds like too far back liver shots to me. No blood trail and no elk, after hours searching. I think he'd benefit from this device. Well, it won't work with a muzzleloader.

http://www.google.com/images?q=elk+...tle&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQsAQwAA&biw=1659&bih=842

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He probably hit the bird too far forward (assuming a broadside shot). If it was in the vital area broadside, the low shot would have taken out the hips and the bird would have fallen over.

Most people don't understand the anatomy of a turkey when it comes to shooting them with a bow. The vitals are a lot further back and lower than most people expect.

Your correct, Low and forward.
I've taken 5 toms with my bow, but its always been from a tree stand, pinning them to the ground.

Actually, we thought about grabbing the string, but it was flourescent orange, and we never thought it would disappear.

Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow; I'd like to witness that; sorry, pally, you're not flyin anywhere today. :)

Anyone here used the gobbler guillotine with succes yet? I've got one but never had a chance to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gobbler+guillotine&aq=0

Ive taken them to the field for the last two years but havent gotten a shot yet. A friend of mine uses them religously with high success. Using a Double Bull you can draw and kill em as close as your heart can stand it.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive taken them to the field for the last two years but havent gotten a shot yet. A friend of mine uses them religously with high success. Using a Double Bull you can draw and kill em as close as your heart can stand it.

Same boat here, I have a bunch of them but haven't been able to get a turkey in close enough with my bow to use them. There's always next year

Latest posts

Top Bottom