time to breed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a flock of about 35 turkey that come to our house every day to feed under the bird feeders my wife has out. In the last week, there have only been three or four birds coming in, and today a single hen came up with a monstor tom. She came up to the feeder and the tom stayed about 20 yds away just standing there. He had her cut out from the flock and keeping an eye on her. I went into the garage, and got a box call out, and got him gobbling like a school kid on his first for sure, gonna score date. :D

Called up my buddy that is a turkey hunting addict, and let him listen to the tom gobble.
I don't know why, but he called me names and some were profane.
Then he hung up.
Did I go too far?
:D:D

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a flock of about 35 turkey that come to our house every day to feed under the bird feeders my wife has out. In the last week, there have only been three or four birds coming in, and today a single hen came up with a monstor tom. She came up to the feeder and the tom stayed about 20 yds away just standing there. He had her cut out from the flock and keeping an eye on her. I went into the garage, and got a box call out, and got him gobbling like a school kid on his first for sure, gonna score date. :D

Called up my buddy that is a turkey hunting addict, and let him listen to the tom gobble.
I don't know why, but he called me names and some were profane.
Then he hung up.
Did I go too far?
:D:D

Reminds me of what my dad used to do to me in college. He would call me from the duck blind while his friends were callin and shootin. He would also brag about how well they were doing and how he wished I was there for all of the fun, then tell me to get up and go to class........Jerk. (LOL) It didnt bother me.....too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom