To trick out a Sig DAK - or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trick out Sig DAK or abandon ship and start fresh

• Do both - duh - tune up old gun AND buy another !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a DAK trigger 229 a year or so ago at an attractive price, (less than $500) justifying it in my head as "It'll be a good pistol to leave in the safe room or use for truck gun duty"

Like any old school Sig, its a high quality piece of shootin' iron -- but much as i try to get used to the trigger, it feels odd - as i've mostly been shooting 1911's lately - and shoot my CCW Glocks enough to stay relevant with those

If this was my only pistol , i feel it has enough potential to be great if i really worked on the nuances of the unique trigger reset it has, but alas - i ddont have the patience.

My thoughts are - procure the parts to convert back to a conventional Sig DA/SA trigger (around $150 plus the time it takes to install- does not look like it needs any gunsmithing)

Also want to have my 'smith prep the slide for a red dot - this would open up the possibility of getting it cera-koted in a unique scheme

Waste of time and money ? -- Throw it back in the safe room, leave it alone and purchase another already set up the way i want? --- or trick out the old cop gun a little since its in inventory and the original purchase price has already been forgotten - but i dont particularly enjoy shooting it

sbCRWsIl.jpg
--

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, torn on this. I am probably one of the ultimate gun customizers as I can’t leave anything stock. Have to improve on it in every way I can. Heck, I’m the guy that throws a $75 bolt handle on a $300 Savage. Shoot, I can sink $700 into a $300 gun that I could’ve bought everything I wanted for $600 in a different firearm.
So, I’m for tune up AND Legion, but I don’t see that option in the poll…

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I’m for tune up AND Legion, but I don’t see that option in the poll…
Rectified
This may be the correct answer if one abides by the “2 is one, one is none” rule

In true cop trade in fashion - although mine almost seems too clean to be ex LEO- it is chambered in .40 and I’m torn how much more I want to invest in 40. But that said, since I have a handful of 10’s - reintegrating more 40’s back into my life doesn’t seem bad if I should ever start re-loading again

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked one of those up a few years back and for the time being, I'm leaving it DAK.

It's totally justifiable to put money into it to make what you want. They are very well made, durable, high quality pieces. Just don't sink another $xxx into it and then put it up in the classifieds saying that you have that $xxxx in it so it's worth it. Selling a $500 gun that has a bunch of Gucci mods? It's still a $500 gun. But if those mods work for you, I say go for it.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked one of those up a few years back and for the time being, I'm leaving it DAK.

It's totally justifiable to put money into it to make what you want. They are very well made, durable, high quality pieces. Just don't sink another $xxx into it and then put it up in the classifieds saying that you have that $xxxx in it so it's worth it. Selling a $500 gun that has a bunch of Gucci mods? It's still a $500 gun. But if those mods work for you, I say go for it.

The conundrum is when i put a few rounds through the pistol by itself and am not at the range shooting anything else - i shoot it quite well for a duty grade sidearm -- but i do have to think about a smooooth pull through to not get hung up on that 2nd re-set point

No worries on being a spazz re-seller here. I've gotten hosed anytime i sellmass market commodity guns (stock Glocks, Sigs, S&W's etc ) . The only thing i've ever sold for more than purchase price has been Colts, lever guns and maybe an S&W revolver or 2. If i take the plunge on making it "mine" its mine forever at that point.

LOL - - $500 gun with Gucci mods - thats what i think whenever i see a ZEV or Shadow Systems Glock

Latest posts

Top Bottom