Todd Louis Green, Aim Fast Hit Fast, OKC gun club May 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be hosting Todd Louis Green at the OKC gun club on May 1-2,2010.
The class will be Aim Fast Hit Fast.
You can contact me at my Email, [email protected] or PM me.
This is going to one fun class!!

Class Announcement
Dates: 1-2 May 2010
Cost: $375
Non-refundable deposit of
$200 due by 1-Apr-10
Instructor: Todd Louis Green
Range: Oklahoma City Gun Club
Range fee: $25 for non club members

Class size: maximum 12

Class Description: Aim Fast, Hit Fast is intended to pick up where most marksmanship
training ends. All shooting involves a balance between accuracy and speed. Off the
practice range, a shooter does not get to choose how much time he will get to break a shot
… shooting becomes reactive and speed is determined by the situation rather than comfort
or habit. The goal of this class is twofold. First, to understand the critical balance
between accuracy and speed for each individual shooter. Second, to improve each
shooter’s ability to deliver accurate, rapid fire in shorter timeframes to maximize his
effectiveness shooting a pistol under stress. Skills to be covered include marksmanship,
presentation from the holster, reloads, multiple targets, and shooting on the move.
Prerequisites: This is a fast-paced class suited to shooters who have already achieved
proficiency with a handgun. At a minimum, prospective students should be capable of
performing the following drill(s) on demand:

• Fire and hit a 3×5 card at 5 yards on demand (both double and single action as
appropriate)
• Draw, fire 1 round, reload, fire 2 rounds (3 hits on 8” circle) at 7 yards in eight seconds

Individuals who cannot meet these requirements at the beginning of class will not be able to
keep up with the fast and demanding pace of instruction.
Equipment Needed:
• Reliable semiauto handgun
• Duty, range, or concealment holster with suitable gunbelt
• Enough magazines, pouches, etc., to carry a minimum of 50 rounds to the firing line
• Minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition (1,200+ recommended; bring more, shoot more)
• Wrap-around eye protection; ear protection; brimmed hat
Instructor: Todd Louis Green has worked in the firearms industry since 1998, including
instructing for the NRA Range, Beretta, and SIG-Sauer. He has over 1,000 hours of firearms
and combatives training from such prestigious trainers as Ken Hackathorn, Ernest Langdon,
Larry Vickers, SIG Academy, and Blackwater. A 3-time “Advanced” rated shooter at Rogers
Shooting School, Todd is also a graduate of the NRA Tactical Pistol Instructor Development
program and a 3 division Master-ranked IDPA competitor. Todd is a certified SIGARMS,
Beretta, and Glock armorer; certified Simunition force-on-force instructor; and certified
Emergency First Responder. He is also a long time member of IALEFI, IDPA, and USPSA.
Please contact Spencer Keepers ([email protected])
with any questions or to reserve your spot for this course.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I contact Todd in October and he won't come because of the 20% rule so I work with Suzi for two months to get rid of it and within two weeks of her telling me they did away with it and that you are now on the board in charge of training this gets setup? Glad I could help I guess...

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I contact Todd in October and he won't come because of the 20% rule so I work with Suzi for two months to get rid of it and within two weeks of her telling me they did away with it and that you are now on the board in charge of training this gets setup? Glad I could help I guess...

Josh,

The OKCGC board removed the 20% discount as result of several factors. They realized that it would impair some of the training classes of the other sports, not just the tactical training. There were several members, including yourself involved in that, and it was, as always a team effort.

I hope that several OKCGC members come to this class, and future ones!!
Having this kind of training at our club is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has trainers they would like to see at the OKCGC let me know and we’ll try to get them out here.

Thanks
S

JNURSE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one am thrilled that quality instructors are now coming to the area. Who gets them here is not the issue. I have trained a little bit and up until recently I have often had to leave the area to get quality instruction. This requires extra hotel expense, extra food expense, etc. This means that a two day class which costs $400 in tuition now costs $700 by the time you add room and board. So everytime somebody good comes to the club, I get to train for less money which means I can train more.

I think we should all just be glad we now have some new opportunities. Just my opinion

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"I for one am thrilled that quality instructors are NOW coming to the area."

Hmmmm seems to me some of the very best L.E./Competition/Self Defense instructors live right here in Edmond, one only lives 6 miles for OKC Gun Club. It is funny however, Most of them do most of their instruction outside Ok. as you are "never the expert when you live there." Maybe it is nice they are now coming to the club, but they have always been here!

One aside however, A club member can not profit from any class offered so I know that has kept a few from offering much at OKC, as not only are they world class shooters/instructors, they are also club members. Maybe the next thing to work on. KurtM

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who gets them here is not the issue.

It's a little bit of an issue for me when the person that is now hosting it was an outspoken supporter of a policy that kept me from hosting it and I find it odd it gets setup so quickly after the policy is changed. Otherwise I agree with you.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a little bit of an issue for me when the person that is now hosting it was an outspoken supporter of a policy that kept me from hosting it and I find it odd it gets setup so quickly after the policy is changed. Otherwise I agree with you.

Josh,

Im sorry your take issue with this.
The only reason I contacted him was due to not getting to take the class in Memphis TN at Rangemaster, due to my work schedule.
Hope to see you on the range..
Sincerely
Spencer.

Now,
Let's get this thread back on track..
I've heard lots of good things about this class and Todd Green, I'm sure it will be a very fun and informative class.

Todd was saying he is changing up some things this year in the class and something I believe about an achievement certificate or such for the FAST drill if it is done in under 7 sec.
So let's have a bunch of okies, come out and train with him..

Latest posts

Top Bottom