Town hall Meeting about Lower Illinois river and bears in that area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Copied from Tulsaflyfisher.org

Bennett & Allen to Hold Town Hall Meeting on Wildlife Issues

Capitol: (405) 557-7315

OKLAHOMA CITY – State Rep. John Bennett and state Sen. Mark Allen will hold a town hall
meeting on Oct. 27 to allow citizens to discuss issues with Oklahoma Game and Wildlife officials.

In particular, the meeting will focus on concerns about fish dying below the Tenkiller Dam on
the Illinois River Trout Stream, and the growing number of black and brown bear in the area.

“This meeting will be very informative and I encourage all interested constituents to attend
and talk to the decision-makers who affect these issues,” said Bennett, R-Sallisaw.

The meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Oct. 27 in Sallisaw, OK at the Indian Capitol Technology Center
in the Building E Seminar room. Because the event will take place around supper time, finger
food and drinks will be provided.

The town hall format will include the following:

•quick overview;
•introductions of speakers;
•a short history of the fish problems in Gore at the dam;
•discussion of current problems causing fish to die;
•discussion of possible solutions (short-term, mid-term and long-term);
•history of the bears issue in the local area;
•discussion of current bear populations and associated issues;
•discussion of the possibility of a bear season in Sequoyah County or issuance of nuisance
tags;
•discussion of other possible solutions;
•what citizens can do to help fix these issues; and
•question-and-answer session
“I believe this meeting could be very productive and begin the process of addressing these
significant issues,” Bennett said. “This is a chance for local citizens to impact government
policy, and I hope they take advantage of this opportunity.

Anyone interested in going from Tulsa should contact Scott Hood [email protected]
or (918) 636 6179

Latest posts

Top Bottom