Trade a Hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright guys, I need a little help completing my Okie Slam. I've killed Eastern and Rios and now I'm looking for a Merriam to complete the slam. Hopefully if I can get this done I can talk the wife into taking a trip to Florida in 2014 to go after and Osceola.

I've got a couple of properties in Osage county that hold good numbers of Rios. It shouldn't be a problem to put one one the ground. It also holds tons of big hogs! I would love to trade a hunt with someone who lives or has access to a good property in Cimarron County that holds Merriams.

If you're not interested in turkey hunting but have access or know someone who may be willing to help, let me know as well. Maybe we can work something else out.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try looking around kenton out west of Boise Ok . You can call the Boise chamber of com. and they did have a list of people that would let you hunt . The man that ran the store in Kenton let me hunt on his place for meriams a few years ago ( sorry I don't remenber his name ) Be sure to get it in writing that you have permission to hunt certain land ,if you find some. Good luck .

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Merriams are located in North Central Nebraska. Shooting Merriam's up there is like shooting rats in the dump. Been there, done that. One buddy has scored on 4 with a tire iron.:yikes2: Yeah its true.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try looking around kenton out west of Boise Ok . You can call the Boise chamber of com. and they did have a list of people that would let you hunt . The man that ran the store in Kenton let me hunt on his place for meriams a few years ago ( sorry I don't remenber his name ) Be sure to get it in writing that you have permission to hunt certain land ,if you find some. Good luck .

Thanks for the info! I'll see what I can find out.

Porter,

Not gonna happen this year, but maybe I can get you out to western Nebraska sometime for a Merriams. If your up for a road trip that is.

I haven't been up that direction in years. Going to kill a Merriam's would be a good excuse to get back. Thanks ElkStalkR!

Merriams are located in North Central Nebraska. Shooting Merriam's up there is like shooting rats in the dump. Been there, done that. One buddy has scored on 4 with a tire iron.:yikes2: Yeah its true.

I've heard about this. I've got some friends that live up there that laughed when I told them I hunted turkeys. They seem to think they are more of a nuisance than anything.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are. I heard of one farmer that got so mad at the turkeys that he received a permit to kill a bunch because they were eating too much feed out of the cattle troughs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom